|SKU||Container Size||Paint Color||Retail Price||Our Price||Savings|
|ILX-5580G||Gallon||Blue||$373.08||$201.46||You Save 46%|
|ILX-5580Q||Quart||Blue||$105.39||$69.55||You Save 34%|
|ILX-5581G||Gallon||Green||$373.08||$201.46||You Save 46%|
|ILX-5581Q||Quart||Green||$105.39||$69.55||You Save 34%|
|ILX-5582G||Gallon||Red||$373.08||$201.46||You Save 46%|
|ILX-5582Q||Quart||Red||$105.39||$69.55||You Save 34%|
|ILX-5583G||Gallon||Black||$373.08||$201.46||You Save 46%|
|ILX-5583Q||Quart||Black||$105.39||$69.55||You Save 34%|
|ILX-5584G||Gallon||Shark White||$373.08||$201.46||You Save 46%|
|ILX-5584Q||Quart||Shark White||$105.39||$69.55||You Save 34%|
Interlux Micron CSC Ablative Bottom Paint
Micron CSC multi season ablative paint provides a controlled release of anti-fouling biocide at the paint surface and will not lose its effectiveness when the boat is hauled out of the water for extended periods of time. A superior marine anti-fouling bottom paint.
Why is Micron CSC so popular? Interlux Micron CSC is suitable for power boats , sailboats, and uses Micron Technology to provide excellent, long lasting antifouling protection against all types of fouling. Polishing occurs at a controlled rate, similar to how a bar of soap wears down, but at a much slower rate. Micron CSC reduces buildup of old coatings, minimizes sanding, and allows the boat to be hauled and relaunched the following season without repainting. If you want superior antifouling protection against algae, weeds, barnacles, and other shell fouling Micron CSC is your go to paint. Micron CSC can be used below the waterline in fresh, salt or brackish water on fiberglass, wood and properly primed metal boat hulls and parts. Not for use on aluminum. This product dries to bright colors.
With a higher solids content than Micron Extra, Micron CSC is harder and wears away at a slower rate but just like other paints in the Micron line offers the advantages of controlled polishing which reduces buildup of old coatings and minimizes the need to sand at reapplication. Uses less copper more efficiently than high-copper, hard-antifouling paints. Can be hauled and relaunched without loss of effectiveness. Suitable for all boats in all waters.
- Matte finish
- Haul and Relaunch without painting
- Self Polishing
- No Build up
- Fast Drying Formula
- Reduced Solvents Emissions Formula
- High Film Build for added Protection and Longevity
- Recommended Usage: All fouling waters; Trailerables, dry-stored, fiberglass, wood and steel hulls
- Biocide: 37.2% Cuprous oxide
- Drying Time: To overcoat: 16 hrs., To launch: 16 hrs. @73°F
- Offered is Quarts or Gallons
- Colors Available - Black, Red, Blue, Green, Shark White, & Brown
Biolux technology boosts performance by controlling slime Excellent for use on all boats in all waters All the benefits of Micron technology Use with thinner 433sold separately
STORAGE: Micron CSC should be kept in securely closed containers during transport and storage. Exposure to air and extremes of temperature should be avoided. For the full shelf life of Micron CSC to be realised ensure that between use the container is firmly closed and the temperature is between 5C/40F and 35C/95F. Keep out of direct sunlight.
|Manufacture Part Number||5580G, 5580Q, 5581G, 5581Q, 5582G, 5582Q, 5583G, 5583Q, 5584G, 5584Q|
|UPC||081948155809, 081948455800, 081948155816, 081948455817, 081948155823, 081948455824, 081948155830, 081948455831, 081948155847, 081948455848|
|ASIN||B000XBGZZU, B001HX8M86, B001HXDTSY, B001IWJNT8, B001HX6LWU, B00280PYVU, B001HXBVRK, B000XBH0AE, B000XBH0C2, B001HXACL6|
|Number of Seasons||Multi Season|
|Hull Material||Fiberglass, Steel, Wood|
|Is Boat Trailerable||Trailerable|
How to Apply Interlux Micron CSC Bottom Paint
APPLICATION DATA METHOD: Airless Spray, Brush, Conventional Spray, Roller
NUMBER OF COATS: 2-3 minimum
DRY FILM THICKNESS PER COAT: 2 mils (3.4 wet mils)
COVERAGE: 439.7 sq. ft/gal.
APPLICATION TEMP: 50° F. Min. / 90°F. Max.
THINNER: Special Thinner 216 or Brush-Ease 433.
|Temp||To Touch||To Recoat||To Launch|
|90°F||1 HR||16 HR||16 HR|
|70°F||4 HR||16 HR||16 HR|
|50°F||4 HR||16 HR||16 HR|
PREVIOUSLY PAINTED SURFACES: In Good Condition Remove loose paint by sanding with 80 grade (grit) paper. Remove sanding residue. In Poor Condition Remove antifouling paint in poor condition with Interstrip Semi-Paste 299E.
BARE FIBERGLASS: It is very important that bare fiberglass be properly prepared to prevent delamination of the antifouling paint. Begin by scrubbing the surface thoroughly with a stiff brush using soap and water to remove loose dirt and contamination. Flush with fresh water to remove the soap residue and allow to dry. Remove mold release wax using one of the following Interlux products, Fiberglass Surface Prep YMA601V or Fiberglass Solvent Wash 202 following the product label instructions. Fill any surface imperfections with Interlux Watertite following the label instructions. After the surface has been properly cleaned, follow one of the application systems below. No Sand System - Clean the surface following the preparation procedure above. Apply one coat of InterProtect 2000E or Fiberglass No-Sand Primer following the label instructions for applying the primer and overcoating with antifouling paint. Apply at least two coats of Micron® CSC* allowing appropriate drying times. Sanding System - Clean the surface following the preparation procedure above. Sand entire surface well with 80 grade (grit) paper until flat matte finish is obtained. Remove sanding residue. Apply at least two coats of Micron® CSC* allowing appropriate drying times. Blister Prevention System: Apply The InterProtect® system for the prevention of blisters. Contact the Interlux Technical Service Department at 1-800-468-7589 or visit yachtpaint.com for complete application instructions of this system.
BARE WOOD: Sand with 80 grade (grit) paper. Wipe with Brush-Ease 433. Apply first coat reduced 10% with Special Thinner 216. Fill seams, if necessary, with Seam Compound Brown 30.
STEEL HULLS: Contact Interlux® for further details.
DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT ON ALUMINUM HULLS AND OUTDRIVES.
Method: At least 2 coats should be applied. Apply an extra stripe coat in areas of high wear such as chines, rudders, sterngear and any leading edges.
- Hints Thinner Special Thinner 216 or Brush-Ease 433. Airless Spray Pressure: 170-204 bar/2500-3000 psi. Tip Size: 0.53 mm/21 thou.
- Conventional Spray Pressure Pot: Pressure: 4.08-4.76 bar/60-70 psi (gun pressure); 10-15 psi (pot pressure). Tip Size: 1.8-2.2 mm/70-85 thou.
- Other Spraying of antifouling paints is prohibited in Canada. For application of Micron® CSC* to underwater metals such Micron® CSC*
- All the benefits of Micron Technology
- Color will change on immersion, this will not affect anti-fouling performance.
- Some Important Points Colors may fade or change color at the waterline.
- Shark White may turn green above the true waterline.
- Product temperature should be minimum 10°C/50°F and maximum 29°C/85°F.
- Ambient temperature should be minimum 10°C/50°F and maximum 35°C/95°F.
- Substrate temperature should be minimum 10°C/50°F and maximum 35°C/95°F.
- Compatibility/Substrates Surface must be dry and clean, and free from grease, detaching paint etc. Micron® CSC* can be applied to most popular antifouling paints as long as the old coating has been aged, is tightly adhered and is in sound condition.
- Do not apply Micron® CSC* over aluminum. Do not apply over tin-based copolymer antifouling paints.
- Bare Wood: 3 coats (first thinned)
- Coverage (Theoretical) - 439.7 ft²/gal by brush
- Recommended DFT per coat 2 mils dry
- Recommended WFT per coat 3.4 mils wet
APPLICATION INFORMATION: Colors may fade or change color at the waterline. Shark White may turn green above the true waterline. At least 2 coats should be applied. Apply an extra stripe coat in areas of high wear such as chines, rudders, sterngear and any leading edges. Airless Spray Pressure: 170-204 bar/2500-3000 psi. Tip Size: 0.53 mm/21 thou. Conventional Spray Pressure Pot: Pressure: 4.08-4.76 bar/60-70 psi (gun pressure); 10-15 psi (pot pressure). Tip Size: 1.8-2.2 mm/70-85 thou. Surface must be dry and clean, and free from grease, detaching paint etc. Micron® CSC* can be applied to most popular antifouling paints as long as the old coating has been aged, is tightly adhered and is in sound condition. Do not apply Micron® CSC* over aluminum. Do not apply over tin-based copolymer antifouling paints. APPLICATION METHODS: Airless Spray, Brush, Conventional Spray, Roller
Micron CSC Application Data is from Interlux Akzol Nobel