Compact, Easy to Use and a Great Value
- Built-in Class D DSC
- IPX7 submersible protection (1m depth for 30 minutes, except cables)
- Superior receiver sensitivity, superior speaker audio
- Large LCD and simple operation
- Common GPS/NAV interface
- AquaQuake™ draining function
- Weather channel receive with alert function
- Favorite channel function
- Dualwatch and Tri-watch functions
Class D Digital Selective Calling
The built-in Class D DSC provides additional safety at sea. The built-in DSC watch function monitors Ch 70 (DSC channel) activity, even while you are receiving another channel. Distress, individual, group, all ships, position request/reply, polling request/reply and DSC test calls can be sent. DSC messages can be received and automatically stored in the message memory.
MA-500TR AIS transponder compatible
When connected to Icom's MA-500TR Class B AIS transponder, you can make an individual DSC call without having to manually input a MMSI number.
IPX7 submersible protection
The IC-M12 can withstand submersion in 1m of water for up to 30 minutes (except cables). The supplied microphone also has submersible protection.
Easy to see large display
The large backlit LCD (23.5 (H) � 64 (W) mm; 15⁄16 � 2 17 ⁄ 32 in) shows a full sized channel number. A 10 character scrolling message shows the channel name and can show position, time and DSC messages.
Common GPS/NAV interface
When connected to an external GPS receiver, current position and time are shown on the IC-M412's display. When receiving position information from another vessel, the IC-M412 can transfer it to a navigational device via NMEA 0183 connectivity.
Superior receiver sensitivity, superior speaker audio
The IC-M412 has 0.22μV (typical at 12dB SINAD) superior sensitivity for class-leading receiver performance. The front facing speaker offers 4.5W (typical) of loud, clear reception.
- AquaQuake™ draining function blows water away from the speaker grill
- Priority and normal scan using simple tag scanning system
- External speaker connection
- Low voltage indicator
- Transmitting power selection with microphone