Adjusts Out to 13" each Side
Fits Frames up to 3"W x 4-1/4"H
1-1/2" sq. 16 ga Pre-Galvanized Steel post Extends 18" Into 2" PVC tube for strength
HOW TO INSTALL CE SMITH POST-STYLE BOAT TRAILER GUIDES
Needed for Installation:
- #2 Phillips screwdriver
- 1/8” Drill
- 9/16” Deep socket
- Loosely assemble the mounting brackets and U-bolts onto your trailer frame.
- Bracket may be mounted above or below frame.
- Mount as far back as possible.
- Mount close to a cross member for more rigidity.
- Slide the short end of the uprights into the brackets.
- Slide PVC posts over the uprights engaging the no-rotate notch with the lance.
- Loosely tighten the U-bolts.
- Adjust posts to fit your boat.
- Less than 1 inch of offset from the boat is typical.
- Mount as far back as possible for the guides to be most helpful during loading.
- Tighten U-bolts
- Spacing will change during tightening.
- Re-adjust your spacing and re-tighten as needed.
- Push caps down firmly onto your guide-on posts.
**For maximum benefit when loading your boat, mount the posts as far back on the trailer frame as possible and as close to the boat as possible**