Attwood Anchor/Masthead 3-Mile Light 12"
Attwood Anchor/Masthead 3-Mile Light is a three-mile, 360° visibility for use on boats up to 65.6 ft. The big cam-lock handle is easy to grasp, and once it is locked, it stays locked in normal conditions. The cam-clock cannot vibrate loose. All wiring is concealed and protected within the pivoting base. Materials are non-corrosive, including bases of glass-filled polymer and poles of highly anodized aluminum.
This light comes with both a vertical and horizontal mounts.
Typical installation requires (2) #10 stainless steel screws of length suitable for deck or rail material.
In extreme conditions, if a 12 ft./lb. force hits the base, the cam-lock releases and allows base to swing down. This new feature reduces the chance of breakage to the base or pole.
Pole Length: 12"
Rated Voltage: 12V
HOW TO INSTALL ATTWOOD ANCHOR/MASTHEAD 3-MILE LIGHT
Needed for Installation:
- Cordless drill: 1/8” and 3/8” (3 and 10mm) bits
- Maine-grade non-silicone sealant
- Philips screwdriver
- Two #10 pan head stainless steel screws
- 3-position switch (OFF/ON/ON)
- Fuse holder and fuse: 2-amp (for 12-volt systems) or 1-amp (for 24-volt systems)
- 16-gauge wire
- Marine-grade wire connectors for 16-gauge wire
Change Base Type (If Required)
- The Anchor/Masthead light are shipped with the vertical base installed. Follow the instructions to switch to the horizontal base:
- Carefully remove the cam-lock screw and oblong washer. Set aside for reinstallation.
- Pivot the base axle out of its socket. Note the position of the 3 wires in the base slot. Remove the vertical base.
- Insert wires through slot of the horizontal base. Install in reverse order.
- Release cam-lock adjustment handle and adjust light to vertical position.
- Place light in selected position. Be sure that fin is aligned toward stern.
- Use provided adaptors, if necessary, to allow installation on angled windshields.
- Using the base as a template, mark the two mounting hole locations and one wire access hole.
- Remove light. Drill two 1/8” (3mm) pilot holes for #10 screws. Drill one 3/8” (10mm) wire access hole.
- Bring two 16-gauge (+) wires and one 16-gauge (-) wire up through access hole. Do not connect power to switch until you read “CONNECT POWER TO SWITCH”.
- Use marine-grade waterproof crimp connectors to connect blue wire to one (+) positive lead from 3-position switch; connect gray wire to second (+) lead. Connect (-) negative source to black wire and route to (-) negative terminal on battery.
- Fasten light to deck with two #10 stainless steel pan head screws. Do not overtighten.
Connect Power to Switch
- Use ONLY the rated voltage. Higher voltage can damage light.
- Use 3-position, double-pole OFF/ON/ON switch.
- From the anchor/masthead light, connect gray wire to one (+) switch terminal. This switch position should operate all-round anchor light.
- Connect blue wire to the remaining (+) terminal. This position should operate forward masthead running light only (one lamp forward) and all other navigation lights.
- Test forward running and anchor lights for proper operation.
Information sourced from Attwood Anchor/Masthead Light Installation Instructions