Teleflex CC205 Control Cable Assembly 479 Series
FREQUENTLY BOUGHT TOGETHER
Total Price:Add to Cart
Teleflex CC205 Control Cable Assembly 479 Series Johnson Evinrude BRP Boat Merc
Teleflex is a leading aftermarket and OEM manufacturer that specializes in control cables along with steering parts and accessories. Teleflex control cables are some of the best control cables on the market and are an industry leader in steering and throttle cables. They are made with stainless steel and brass fittings that resist corrosion. The wires are manufactured with stainless steel Lubri-Core for a long-lasting control cable that is durable and reliable.
The Teleflex CC205 control cable is designed specifically for use with Mercury engine control heads that need a proprietary control connection. This Teleflex control cable replaces the Johnson/Evinrude/BRP 479 cables.
- Drop-in replacement cables are engineered as replacements for original equipment cables.
- Cables use the existing connection components.
- Stainless steel and brass fittings.
- Standard cables use stainless steel Lubri-Core core wire for smooth operation and long life.
- 8" minimum bend radius.
- Black HDPE outer casing for durability and best resistance to UV and chemicals.
- Replaces 479 type cables
- BRP / OMC / Johnson / Evinrude and Gale with BRP/OMC controls 1979 to date.
These CC205 Standard series cables come in lengths from 10' to 24'. Lengths 6' to 50' are offered in the TFXtreme series cables item TEL-CCX20506.1
What kind of control cables go on my boat? (The boat has a [brand name] engine.)
- There are several ways to determine this information by noting:
- a. appearance of the cable
- b. part number of the cable
- c. engine(s) and controls on which cable is used
Examine the Existing Cable
- Usually the part number is stamped in white on the existing cable’s plastic outer casing.
- If unavailable, check to see what brand of control and brand/year of engine is on the boat now.
- This will help to determine which cable is required from identification/application charts in the OEM’s catalog. These charts identify cables by appearance, part number, control type and engine brand/type.
- In most cases, three performance grades, called Standard, Midrange and Premium are offered.
How to Determine the Control Cable Needed
- What brand(s) of engine and control head are on the boat?
- Mercury/Mariner/Force and OMC/Johnson/Evinrude engines usually require an “OEM type” cable when using those engine makers’ control heads. OEM type cables have special end fittings designed to connect to the control and engine with minimal hardware.
- Generally, all other engines and controls use a “universal” 3300/33C type control cable. Universal cables have 10-32 threaded ends and often require extra hardware to connect to the engine and control.
- Contact the engine manufacturer if you need details on the hookup. Diesels and twin station vessels may use larger diameter (4300/43 or 6400/64 type) universal cables; 4300/43 type cables have 1/4-28 threaded ends and 6400/64 cables have 5/16-24 threaded ends
What Length Control Cable is Needed?
- For Outboards: Measure from control along unobstructed cable routing to center of outboard. Add four feet to allow for loop which provides unrestricted engine movement. Round up to the next whole foot and order that length cable(s).
- For Stern Drives and Inboards: Measure from control along unobstructed cable routing to shift and/or throttle connection. Round this measurement up to the next whole foot and order that length cable(s).
- Measure the Existing Cable as Follows: Measure the cable from tip to tip in inches, and round up to next even foot. Order that length cable.
- Twice a season, check overall operation for proper gear engagement, full and idle throttle, and overall feel.
- Check control head, cable as well as engine and transmission cable attachment points for proper tightness of fasteners, correct operation of all moving parts, worn or broken items, cable chafing or misalignment, etc.
- Check core wire (moving wire inside the casing). If the operation is stiff, replace it.
- Keep cable ends dirt and corrosion free.
- Lubricate pivot points and sliding parts of the cable with a good quality water-resistant grease.
Signs It's Time to Replace Cable/Connection Hardware:
- Control free play demonstrated even after all cable connections have been verified as in good working order.
- Noticeable chafing, breakage or bent, loose or worn parts.
- Malfunctioning cables should be replaced, not repaired. A cable cannot be properly repaired in the field and must always be replaced as an assembly. Attempting to repair a cable can result in control system failure, leading to personal injury and/or property damage.
California Residents: WARNING Cancer and Reproductive Harm - P65Warnings.ca.gov
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
- Google Product Type:
- Google Custom Field 2:
- related products
Customers Also Viewed
TFXtreme Control Cable for Johnson, Evinrude, OMC 1979 & Newer Used to control boat instruments such as steering, TFXtreme Control Cables are renowned in their industry. A proprietary splined...Choose Options
TFXtreme 3300/33C Type Universal Control Cable Teleflex’s 3300 Universal Control Cables are high-quality, universal-type cables that are designed to fit aftermarket engine controls as well as...Choose Options
Teleflex CC170 Control Cable Assembly 400 Series OEM direct-replacement type cables are designed to fit Johnson and Evinrude engine control heads which use a proprietary control connection. This...Choose Options
Control Cables for Mercruiser, Mercury Gen II 2003 & Newer OEM direct-replacement type cables are designed to fit Mercury engine control heads which use a proprietary control connection...Add to Cart
Teleflex CCX179 TFXtreme Control Cable Mercury When looking to replace Mercury Control Cables, those that provide smooth operation without excess motion are recommended. With it’s unique...Choose Options
Teleflex CC332 Midrange Universal Control Cable Universal type cables are designed to fit aftermarket engine controls as well as OEM units from BMW, Chrysler, Honda, Nissan, Suzuki, Volvo, Yamaha...Add to Cart