- Garmin GPSMAP 742xs Touchscreen Chartplotter/Sonar Combo
GPSMAP® 742xs Touchscreen Chartplotter/Sonar Combo
7-inch Touchscreen Chartplotter/Sonar Combo
- 7-inch high-resolution intuitive touchscreen controls
- NMEA 2000® and NMEA 0183 support for network connectivity, including autopilots, digital switching, weather, FUSION-Link, VHF, AIS and more
- Garmin Marine Network support for sharing sonar, including Panoptix™ sonar, maps, user data, radar and IP cameras among multiple units
- Preloaded U.S. LakeVü HD maps and BlueChart® g2 charts
Experience an advanced navigation solution with this compact 7-inch GPSMAP 742xs touchscreen combo. Includes wireless connectivity features for mobile apps, NMEA 2000 support and Garmin Marine Network capabilities for radar and Panoptix all-seeing sonar, including Panoptix FrontVü collision avoidance sonar. It also has built-in Garmin CHIRP and CHIRP ClearVü sonar (transducer sold separately).
Garmin Marine Network and NMEA 2000 Support
Full-network compatibility allows you to add more capabilities to your boat. Garmin Marine Network support allows sharing of sonar, including Panoptix sonar, maps, user data, Garmin radar, and IP cameras among multiple units. Plus, there’s NMEA 2000 and NMEA 0183 support for connectivity including autopilots, digital switching, weather, FUSION-Link, VHF, AIS and other sensors.
Built-in Wi-Fi® and ANT® Connectivity
Enjoy built-in Wi-Fi and ANT wireless connectivity directly to quatix® marine watch, Garmin Nautix™ in-view display, gWind™ Wireless 2 transducer, GNX™ Wind marine instrument and wireless remote controls. You can even stream and control a VIRB action camera from the chartplotter.
The Ultimate Connected Boating App
Built in Wi-Fi gives you access to the free all-in-one ActiveCaptain™ app, so you can manage your marine experience from nearly anywhere. It creates a simple yet powerful connection between your compatible mobile device and your Garmin chartplotter, charts, maps and the boating community. Wherever you are, you’ll have unlimited access to your cartography, the ability to purchase new maps and charts and access to the Garmin Quickdraw™ Contours Community. Stay connected with smart notifications on your chartplotter screen. You can also plan a trip or prefish a lake, and ActiveCaptain will automatically sync with your chartplotter. Even get notifications for software updates, and decide when to download them on your device.
Built-in Sonar Capabilities
Right out of the box, you have access to some amazing sonar capabilities; all you add are transducers. Comes with built-in Garmin 1 kW CHIRP sonar and CHIRP ClearVü scanning sonar. It even supports Panoptix all-seeing sonar, premium Garmin sonar modules and a wide range of transducers (sold separately).
Networked combos can share their internal sonar with any other device on the network. You can also choose what information is overlaid on the sonar screen, for example, radar, time of day or GPS speed.
Heading and Position Refreshed 10 Times per Second
Fast, responsive built-in 10 Hz GPS and GLONASS receiver refreshes your position and heading 10 times each second to make your movement on the screen more fluid. It makes dropping up to 5,000 accurate waypoints — and finding your way back to them — quick and easy.
Preloaded with Exceptional Garmin Cartography
You get both LakeVü HD inland waters mapping and BlueChart g2 coastal charts covering the coastal U.S. (East Coast, West Coast, Gulf of Mexico, U.S. and the Canadian side of the Great Lakes).
LakeVü HD provides highly detailed freshwater maps that include 17,000+ U.S. lakes, rivers and reservoirs. Included in those are more than 13,000 HD lakes with 1-foot contours shoreline to shoreline. Upgrade to LakeVü HD Ultra with Max Def Lakes.
BlueChart g2 provides basic coastal charts, tidal and current stations, depth contours, IALA nav symbols and fishing charts.
Upgrade to Our Best Maps on the Water
Includes expandable memory for accessory map purchases, such as BlueChart® g2 Vision® HD, which adds Garmin patented Auto Guidance¹ and other great features.
Quickdraw Contours to Create Your Own HD Maps
Instantly create personalized HD fishing maps on-screen with 1-foot contours. Tailor them to fit your needs. These are your maps — you own them. Keep the data to yourself, or share it with the Quickdraw Community on Garmin Connect™.
Built-in SailAssist Features
To help you gain a wind-maximizing competitive edge, your chartplotter features a pre-race guidance page that shows your virtual starting line along with data fields showing laylines, time to burn before the start and a race timer that can be synchronized across all your networked Garmin GPS products. In addition, other supported sailing features include an enhanced wind rose, heading and course-over-ground lines, set and drift, true and apparent wind data and more.
GPX Waypoints Transfer
If you have waypoints, tracks or frequently used routes stored on another manufacturer’s GPS product — or on a Garmin handheld device — it’s easy to transfer those items to your new Garmin chartplotter via industry-standard GPX software formatting.
- 7-inch high-resolution intuitive touchscreen controls
- Built-in Garmin CHIRP sonar and CHIRP ClearVü scanning sonar (transducers sold separately)
- Preloaded with both U.S. LakeVü HD maps and BlueChart® g2 HD charts
- Built-in wireless capabilities for Garmin mobile apps and VIRB® action camera integration
- Supports Garmin Marine Network; allows sharing of sonar, maps, user data, radar, IP cameras and Panoptix™ sonar among multiple units
- NMEA 2000® and NMEA 0183 support for network connectivity, including autopilots, digital switching, weather, FUSION-Link, VHF, AIS and other sensors
- Supports Panoptix™ all-seeing sonar
- Includes Quickdraw Contours map drawing software
- Supports optional U.S. LakeVü HD Ultra maps and BlueChart® g2 Vision® HD charts with Auto Guidance, satellite imagery, 3-D perspectives and more
- Built-in SailAssist features, including laylines, race features, set and drift, wind data and more
- Integrated ANT® support for use with quatix® marine watch, Garmin Nautix™ in-view display, gWind™ Wireless 2 transducer, GNX™ Wind marine instrument and wireless remote controls
- Uses 8-Pin Transducer
- Basemap: Yes
- Card Format: micro sd
- Cartography - Preloaded: Yes
- Cartography Brand: garmin
- Cartography Type: Bluechart G2
- Included Transducer: No
- Internal/External Antenna: Internal
- Resolution (VxH): 1024 x 600
- Screen Size: 7
- Screen Type: color
- Touchscreen: Yes
- Waterproof Rating: waterproof
- Watts RMS - Max: 1kW
- Waypoints/Routes: 5000/100
- Weather Capable: Yes
- Box Dimensions: 10"H x 8"W x 14"L WT: 4.8 lbs
- UPC: 753759168230
Quick Guide (pdf)
Owner's Manual (pdf)
Find Similar Products by Category
Customers also viewed