Marine Tex Epoxy Putty Repair Kit - White Marine-Tex is a heavy-duty structural epoxy, used to repair aluminum, fiberglass and wooden boats, reinstall loose or stripped fasteners, permanently bond...Choose Options
FREQUENTLY BOUGHT TOGETHER
Total Price:Add to Cart
Marine Tex Epoxy Putty Repair Kit - Gray
Marine-Tex, the legendary high-strength repair compound designed for filling, bonding and rebuilding wood, fiberglass, ceramic, glass, metal, masonry and many plastics. Marine-Tex is manufactured to the highest standards to meet the harsh demands of the marine and industrial environments, and solve many problems for home, auto and hobby applications. Marine-Tex handles like putty, hardens like steel and sands like wood.
Marine-Tex is a creamy paste consistency that can be applied on vertical or horizontal surfaces, easily fills gaps, and can be shaped to rebuild damaged components. Marine-Tex paste provides waterproof repairs that can be used with fiberglass tape or cloth to bridge holes and reinforce structural repairs as needed. Emergency and permanent repairs to machinery and equipment, hulls, decks, stripped fasteners, piping and tanks are all easily accomplished with the mighty repair kit. Marine-Tex can be sanded or ground to shape, tapped and drilled, and finished with most common paints and coatings.
- For 2 oz. Kit, 17 square inches at 1/8" thick
- For 14 oz. Kit, 124 square inches at 1/8" thick
- Mixing Ratio: 5 parts epoxy resin to 1 part hardener - by volume. When mixing by weight, the ratio is 6.3 parts resin to 1 part hardener. Always keep epoxy at room temperature before mixing.
- Cure Time: 24 hours at a constant temperature of 72 degrees Fahrenheit. Lower temperatures will create longer cure times.
- Surface preparation is the key to epoxy adhesion. Remove all contaminants (dirt, oil, grease) with acetone or lacquer thinner. Sand area, then remove grit to improve adhesion.
- Mix the proportioned components with a putty stick or hard plastic squeegee on a broad, flat surface-wood, cardboard or plastic.
- Mix only enough for 15 or 20 minutes of nominal working time.
- After components are thoroughly mixed, spread your mixture into a long thin line to ensure a streak-free consistency and to provide you with maximum working time.
California Residents: WARNING Cancer and Reproductive Harm - P65Warnings.ca.gov
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
- Google Product Type:
Customers Also Viewed
Interlux Watertite 2-Part Epoxy Marine Filler Compound Interlux Watertite is a quick drying 2-part epoxy filler suitable for use on Fiberglass, Metals, Epoxy and rigid Wood constructions. The...Choose Options
MariDeck 34 Mil Vinyl Boat Flooring 6’ Wide Sold by the foot; 15 foot minimum MariDeck vinyl flooring offers an attractive and durable alternative to the high maintenance marine carpet. With...Choose Options
Teleflex CCX179 TFXtreme Control Cable Mercury When looking to replace Mercury Control Cables, those that provide smooth operation without excess motion are recommended. With it’s unique...Choose Options
Seastar/Teleflex Rack Mechanical Rack Steering System Without a properly functioning steering system, enjoying time out on the water can be difficult. Steering systems are a vital part of any...Choose Options