Mercury Marine 2.1L 75/90/115 HP 4-Stroke Oil Change Kit
This Mercury oil change kit contains Mercury SAE 10W-30 Marine Engine Oil. Premium-grade base stock and special additives make for a superior-grade oil. Contains significantly more performance additives than automotive oils to stand up to the rigors of the 4-stroke outboard environment. Special viscosity improves ensure stay-in-grade performance in high-RPM, 4-stroke outboard applications. Over five years of engineering and development went into the exclusive Flagship Protection formula which features a high-tech, advanced set of anti-wear additives that provide up to 35% better camshaft wear protection and the highest levels of corrosion and oxidation protection. Mercury Oil, combined with a genuine Mercury Oil Filter team up to provide the #1 protection on the water.
Industry Leading Strength - Mercury provides the longest lasting, strongest protection.
Flagship Corrosion Resistance - New advanced corrosion inhibitors outperform competition and all industry standards. Provides protection against rust and corrosion in wet environments and during off-season storage
Ultimate Wear Protection - Using new, high-tech additive technology, Mercury has 33% greater camshaft wear protection compared to other marine dealers.
This kit contains all the items needed to change oil in select Mercury 4-Stroke Outboards:
- (5) 10W-30 Marine Engine Oil
- (1) Oil Filter - OEM 8M0065104
- (1) Drain Hose - OEM 8M0108358
- Complete instructions printed right on the box
Check engine oil and replace oil filter every 100 hours of use, or annually (whichever comes first).
Mercury Oil Change Instructions
Oil Change Procedure
- Tilt the outboard up to the trailer position.
- Turn the steering on the outboard so that the drain hole is facing downward. Remove the drain plug with an 18mm wrench and drain the engine oil into an appropriate container.
- Place new seal on the drain plug and lubricate with oil.
Changing the Oil Filter
- Place a rag or towel below the oil filter to absorb any spilled oil.
- Unscrew old filter by turning the filter counter-clockwise.
- Clean the mounting base. Apply film of clean oil to the filter gasket. Do not grease.
- Screw new filter on until gasket contacts base, then tighten 3/4 turn.
- Remove the oil cap and add oil to the midpoint of the operating range (midpoint of the cross hatched region). Adding 5 liters will bring the oil level to midpoint of the cross hatched region.
- Reinstall the oil fill cap.
- Idle engine for five minutes and check for leaks. Stop engine and check oil level on dipstick.
- Add oil if necessary.
Find Similar Products by Category
Customers also viewed