Quantum Boca Spinning Reel
The all new Boca PTs represents one of the best values in high-performance saltwater spinning and is ready for anything the ocean can throw at it! Performance Tuned® features like the sealed drag system, LMS line management system with ball bearing line roller and SCR alloy body and side cover make the new Boca PT series a must-have for serious anglers.
Withstanding The Salt Assault: Working with corrosion experts, we developed our own multi-layer SaltGuard™ finish to keep PT saltwater reels looking and performing their best
Line Management System: Quantum's exclusive LMS™ Line Management System, available on every Quantum PT spinning reel, is re-designed for 2009 to allow your line to be directed to the line roller even more smoothly upon retrieve.
Pour On The Sauce: Quantum Hot sauce contains a special, proprietary blend of synthetic and organic additives to provide the ultimate balance in performance, protection, durability, and smoothness in both grease and oil for all fishing equipment
Timag®II Bail: The only spinning reels with a Nickel-Titanium bail wire that never gets bent out of shape. And unlike traditional bail springs, our magnetic bail trip will never wear out — and it's guaranteed for life.
Customized Bearings: Most reels use stock bearings made for other applications. Not ours. We designed our own high-grade stainless bearings to exact specs to minimize vibration and friction. Then we fit them in a special polymer cage for added sensitivity and corrosion protection.
- Ceramics Take The Heat: PT drag systems feature ceramic washers to dissipate heat during long runs. We also use ceramics to reduce wear in our baitcast levelwind systems.
- Unyielding Metal Construction: All PT reels begin with single-piece aluminum frames, each machined with computer-guided precision, to hold all critical components in perfect alignment. We use special high-strength grades of aluminum to yield lightweight reels that will not flex even during heavy cranking.
TiMag titanium bail with magnetic trip
Polymer-stainless hybrid PT bearings
Extra-hard PT gears
MAGLOK™ magnetic Continuous Anti-Reverse
SaltGuard™ 7-layer corrosion protection finish
- Forged aluminum concave spool
- Magnum ceramic drag
- Aluminum Long Stroke™ spool design
- Smooth front-adjustable drag system
- Machined aluminum handle
|Model||Gear Ratio||I.P.T||Line Capacity||Max Drag||Bearings|
|BSP40PTSD||5.3:1||33"||230 yds. / 10 lb.||25 lbs.||6+1|
|BSP50PTSD||5.3:1||36"||225 yds. / 12 lb.||28 lbs.||6+1|
|BSP60PTSD||4.9:1||37"||300 yds. / 14 lb.||30 lbs.||6+1|
|BSP80PTSD||4.9:1||41"||330 yds. / 20 lb.||45 lbs.||6+1|