SeaStar BayStar Hydraulic Helm
BayStar super low friction hydraulic helm for smooth, comfortable steering.
BayStar hydraulic steering is brought to you by the manufacturers of SeaStar, the most trusted name in pleasure boat steering. BayStar allows you to install all of the safety, reliability and comfort of hydraulic steering onto your boats rated to a MAXIMUM of 150 HP (total). Combine this with a superior design rigid ISO quality control and the finest materials and precision manufacturing—BayStar continues the tradition bringing comfort and safety to boating.
BayStar Hydraulic Helm Mounting Instructions
- Determine desired mounting position. Note: Ensure the steering wheel will not interfere with other function equipment. Check for adequate space behind the dash for fitting and line connection.
- Tape the mounting template (found in the downloadable product manual linked below) to the dash and use a center punch to mark the locations of the hole.
- Drill the 3" diameter center hole and the four 5/16" diameter mounting holes as shown on the template.
- It is recommended that the fittings being used in the rear of the helm pump are installed prior to the helm being mounted to the dash.
- Ensuring that the fill port is in the upper position, install the four washers and four nuts onto the mounting studs of the helm pump. Torque nuts to 15 ft. lb.
- Lightly grease taper of the helm shaft and mount steering wheel to helm.
Information from the BayStar Hydraulic Steering Systems Owners Manual
Customers also viewed