Shakespeare 8' Marine VHF Antenna
The Shakespeare Marine VHF Antenna is an economical and lightweight, self-supporting antenna that provides good communication where range is not the predominant factor. Features a nylon ferrule and quality copper cable elements for good range and efficiency.
- Nylon ferrule with standard 1"-14 thread
- Includes 15' RG-58 cable and a PL-259 connector
- One section
- White finish
- Frequency: VHF Marine Brand
- Antenna Gain: 6dB
- Max Input Power: 50 watts
- Bandwidth: 5 MHz within 5.0:1 VSWR
- Impedance: 50 Ohms
2 Year Limited Shakespeare Warranty
Installation Instructions for Shakespeare 8' Marine VHF Antenna
Choose a mounting location that is as high as feasible and as free from obstructions as possible. Make sure you are as far away as possible from other antennas and strong sources of RF.
- Mount the antenna using a Shakespeare Style 495 Lift-n-Lay Mount or Style 4187 Ratchet Mount (each sold separately). Follow the directions included with the mount you choose.
- Route the cable to your transceiver and install the PL-259 connector (supplied).
This antenna requires no external or internal ground system, and works well on fiberglass, wood, or metal boats.
Communication is always good and sometimes essential, like when you're out on the water and something goes wrong. This video introduces Shakespeare's line of VHF marine antennas for boats of all types and sizes.
Shakespeare VH...Communication is always good and sometimes essential, like whe...