Toon-Brite Aluminum Boat Polish & Restorer
Formulated to polish and restore aluminum boats, pontoons, houseboats, trailers and canoes. Also works well on copper, brass, stainless steel and chrome. Apply by hand or with a 5" or 6" buffer pad.
- Comes in an 18 ounce jar.
- Not recommended on anodized aluminum.
Toon-brite, Aluminum Polish FAQ’s
Q: Is metal polish and wax the same thing?
- A: No. Wax is simply a coating left on a surface to temporarily protect it from the elements. Metal Polish is a compound designed to remove a microscopic thin layer of the surface material and leave a flat, reflective surface.
Q: Can I use Aluminum Polish on materials other than aluminum?
- A: Yes. You can also use it on brass, copper, stainless steel, and chrome. Works well on most Metal surfaces.
Q: Can I polish by hand or should I always use a buffer?
- A: Yes you can. But you’ll want to stick to the smaller jobs. Use a buffer for the larger areas. It’s a lot faster and much easier on you.
Q: What type of buffer should I use?
- A: It’s best to use a high quality 7” variable speed buffer with a lambs wool, terry cloth, or hard foam pad.
Q: When I start buffing, there is a black film that forms on the metal. Should I try to remove it?
- A: No. Don’t worry about the film, Polish pulls the pigmentation back out after cleaning, that’s expected for a like new finish. Remember: A little bit, goes a long way, buff it in and right back out!!!
Customers also viewed