Toon-Brite Pontoon & Aluminum Boat Care Kit
The Toon-Brite Pontoon & Aluminum Boat Care Kit has everything you need to clean and polish aluminum pontoons, boat hulls, trailers, and canoes. Removes scum, lime deposits, water line stains, and oxidation.
Aluminum Cleaner's fast acting spray on/rinse off foaming action is easy to use and leaves no residue. Just spray on, let stand for 5 minutes, then rinse. Aluminum Polish and Restorer is formulated to polish and restore aluminum to new appearance.
Note: Polish is not recommended for use on anodized aluminum.
- 3-Finger Trigger Sprayer
- 64 oz. Toon-Brite Aluminum Cleaner
- 18 oz.Toon-Brite Aluminum Polish and Restorer
Toon-brite, Aluminum Cleaner FAQ’s
Q: How do I apply Aluminum Cleaner?
- A: We recommend using a pressure washer and or garden hose to remove the big stuff. Clean just after removing boat from water or before build up dries. This will also save you cleaner cost, as you won’t need as much. Now you’re ready to apply Aluminum Cleaner.
- A: Apply using supplied trigger sprayer, Adjust nozzle down to a fine mist. Using a Plastic garden sprayer will be much easier but also adjust nozzle to a fine mist. Start at bottom and work your way up applying evenly as you go. If streaking occurs, reapply in that area. Let stand for up to 5 minutes and rinse.
Q: Do I dilute Toon-brite?
- A: Toonbrite gallons are diluted for heavy cleaning and ready to go. For light cleaning dilute 50/50 or more. (Heavy cleaning, meaning boats that are left in the water.)
Q: Will Aluminum Cleaner put a “shine” back on my old stained aluminum?
- A: No, As a matter of fact, no acid based aluminum cleaner, no matter what brand, will put a “shine” back on old aluminum.
Q: What kind of finish will Aluminum Cleaner leave?
- A: That depends on how strong you mix it. When mixed at a weaker ratio, about 3-5 to 1 it will remove slight stains and oxidation leaving a fairly shiny finish assuming that the original mill finish still exists. But when mixed at a strong ratio, about 1 to 1, Aluminum Cleaner will bleach aluminum to a uniform off white finish.
Q: What if I don’t want the “Off White” look on my aluminum?
- A: You can use Toon-brite Metal Polish & Restorer and bring your aluminum to a Show-room look And or apply Clear-coat for real nice finish.
Q: Will Aluminum Cleaner harm my paint or decals?
- A: No it won’t. Although we can’t possibly test our product on every type of paint and vinyl used today, we can say that in over twelve years of our customers using Aluminum Cleaner, we have not had one single instance of damage reported due to the cleaner.
Q: Will Aluminum Cleaner remove moss and algae?
- A: No. We recommend using a pressure washer and or garden hose to remove the big stuff.
Q: Will it harm bunks or carpet on boat trailers?
- A: No. Just rinse well after cleaning.
Toon-brite, Aluminum Polish FAQ’s
Q: Is metal polish and wax the same thing?
- A: No. Wax is simply a coating left on a surface to temporarily protect it from the elements. Metal Polish is a compound designed to remove a microscopic thin layer of the surface material and leave a flat, reflective surface.
Q: Can I use Aluminum Polish on materials other than aluminum?
- A: Yes. You can also use it on brass, copper, stainless steel, and chrome. Works well on most Metal surfaces.
Q: Can I polish by hand or should I always use a buffer?
- A: Yes you can. But you’ll want to stick to the smaller jobs. Use a buffer for the larger areas. It’s a lot faster and much easier on you.
Q: What type of buffer should I use?
- A: It’s best to use a high quality 7” variable speed buffer with a lambs wool, terry cloth, or hard foam pad.
Q: When I start buffing, there is a black film that forms on the metal. Should I try to remove it?
- A: No. Don’t worry about the film, Polish pulls the pigmentation back out after cleaning, that’s expected for a like new finish. Remember: A little bit, goes a long way, buff it in and right back out!!!
Customers also viewed