3M 5200 Polyurethane Fast Cure Adhesive-Sealant
3M 5200 Polyurethane Fast Cure Adhesive Sealant is a one-component sealant designed to meet the high demands of the marine environment. 5200 Fast Cure provides strong watertight bonds and has permanent adhesion to wood, gelcoat, and fiberglass. 3M designed this sealant to be flexible, it allows for structural movement and dissipation of stress that may be caused by vibration, swelling, shrinking or shock.
5200 Fast Cure Sealant creates tough bonds above or below the waterline and is ideal for the following applications: fiberglass deck to hull, through hull fittings, wood to fiberglass, portholes and deck fittings, motors on fiberglass transoms, under moldings, hull seams above and below water line, and deck housing.
- Faster curing version of 3M 5200.
- Extremely strong and retains its strength above or below the waterline.
- Stays flexible.
- Watertight bonding/sealing of fiberglass, gelcoat and wood.
- Best when NO Removal is anticipated.
- Color is white.
- Adhesive Type: Polyurethane
- Application: Hand or pressure caulk
- Tack-free Time: 1 Hour
3M 5200 Polyurethane Fast Cure Adhesive Sealant Application Information:
Clean all surfaces before application. It is recommended to use an adhesive cleaner.
- Cut the nozzle to desired bead size.
- Puncture seal inside the threaded nozzle end and screw on nozzle.
- Apply 3M 5200 Fast Cure to the seam or part to be bonded. Tool material to desired appearance.
- Remove excess material with adhesive cleaner.