Evinrude Carburetors and Kits
Using gas that has been stored for a while can easily clog your Evinrude’s carburetion system. Old gasoline quickly deposits gummy residue in the carburetor float bowl and it clogs tiny jet and fuel passages. Rebuilding a carburetor might seem difficult to those who have not attempted this procedure before. Rebuilding simply means cleaning the varnish and gum from the float bowl, jets and passages. Even a first-timer should be able to do this in a couple hours. Wholesale Marine carries Evinrude Carburetor kits and carb cleaners that make it easy to perform this task with ease.
For boaters, performing simple maintenance procedures, provides a feeling of satisfaction. It also saves money and may also prevent expensive repairs later on. Below, Wholesale Marine provides a quick overview of the task so you can decide if this is for you or should be performed by a marine technician.
Rebuilding an Evinrude Carburetor Overview
For Best Results Use an Evinrude Carburetor Kit from Wholesale Marine
1. Detach all fuel lines including the primer bulb fuel line from the engine and the line running directly from the carburetor. Detach every carb-to-engine link then unbolt the carb from the intake manifold.
2. Disassemble the carburetor. Lay each component on a clean shop towel, it will make reassembly go much faster. It will also be easier to determine what needs to be replaced and which components just need a cleaning. Set the needle and seat aside.
3. Shake the float. If there is gas inside it, it needs to be replaced.
4. Once the carb has been fully taken apart, be sure to clean every part thoroughly. This is key to the success of the task. We recommend Quicksilver Power Tune and Sierra Carbon Free Aerosol to make this critical stage of the process easier.
5. Using the Evinrude Carburetor Kit specifically for your engine, reassemble the unit. Wholesale Marine offers an extensive selection of kits and components for specific Evinrude models. If you are not certain which kit to buy, give us a call and we’ll be glad to assist you in making the right choice.
Wholesale Marine provides everything boaters need for their Evinrude engines. There is same-day, flat rate shipping on most items and a lowest price guarantee as well. When you join our Loyalty Program you’ll be able to use the points you accumulate today towards any future purchases. Just give us a call Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM until 6:00 PM EST at (877) 388-2628.