3M 5200 Polyurethane Adhesive Sealant
3M's 5200 Adhesive Sealant is a one-part polyurethane used for permanent bonding. 5200 offers permanent adhesion to wood, gelcoat, and fiberglass, and forms watertight seals. Designed for the marine industry, this sealant forms bonds that are resistant to saltwater and weathering. This sealant is flexible, allowing for structural movement and dissipation of stress that may be caused by vibration, swelling, shrinking or shock. 3M 5200 achieves handling strength in 48 hours and has been trusted throughout the marine industry for over 50 years.
3M 5200 Adhesive Sealant is recommended for the following applications; fiberglass deck to hull, through hull fittings, wood to fiberglass, portholes and deck fittings, motors on fiberglass transoms, under moldings, hull seams above and below water line, and deck housing.
- High performance, one-part polyurethane.
- Extremely strong and retains its strength above or below the waterline.
- Stays flexible.
- Watertight bonding/sealing of fiberglass, gelcoat and wood.
- Best when NO Removal is anticipated.
- Adhesive Type: Polyurethane
- Application Method: Hand or pressure caulk
- Tack Free Time: 12 Hour, 48 Hour
- Tensile Strength: 700 psi
3M 5200 Polyurethane Adhesive Sealant Application Information:
Clean all surfaces before application. It is recommended to use an adhesive cleaner.
- Cut the nozzle to desired bead size.
- Puncture seal inside the threaded nozzle end and screw on nozzle.
- Apply 3M 5200 to the seam or part to be bonded. Tool material to desired appearance.
- Remove excess material with adhesive cleaner.