Interlux Fiberglass Bottomkote NT
FREQUENTLY BOUGHT TOGETHER
Total Price:Add to Cart
Interlux Fiberglass Bottomkote NT Antifouling Marine Paint
Interlux Fiberglass Bottomkote NT is formulated using two resins to provide a durable, fast-drying antifouling paint. The product is universal, meaning that it provides the same benefits as both hard and ablative antifouling paints so that it may be used on all power and sailboats. Additionally, Fiberglass Bottomkote NT has a built-in slow polishing mechanism that continuously smoothes and renews the active surface to avoid heavy paint layer build-up. Bottomkote NT’s fast dry formula also means that the boat to be painted and launched on the same day. Interlux fiberglass paint provides clean stable colors for effective season-long protection. Fiberglass Bottomkote NT is recommended for use on the underwater areas of fiberglass, wood, and properly primed metal (except aluminum) boat hulls. It can be used in fresh, salt and brackish waters.
- Dual resin approach optimizes the benefits of hard and ablative paints.
- Surface continuously smooths with use, providing a fast, fuel efficient coating
- Fast drying - paint & launch on the same day
- Universal, a cost effective choice for all power and sail boats in all waters.
- Finish: Matte
- Coverage: 400 sq. ft/gal.
- Number of Coats: 2 minimum
- VOC: 449 g/lt - maximum
- Pack Size: 1 US Quart, 1 US Gallon
- Colors Available: YBB349 Red, YBB359 Green, YBB369 Blue, YBB379 Black
Special Thinner 216 - For thinning or surface prep
Brush-Ease 433 - For thinning or surface prep
InterProtect 2000E - Universal primer for above & below waterline
How To Apply Fiberglass Bottomkote NT
Apply Interlux Fiberglass Bottomkote NT over existing antifouling paints provided the old coating is tightly adhered and is undamaged. Use Fiberglass Bottomkote NT on fiberglass, wood, or properly primed steel and lead. Unsuitable for use on tin-based copolymer antifouling paints. Use a minimum of 2 coats. Shake/stir paint thoroughly prior to applying.
- Application Methods: Roller, Brush, Airless Spray, or Conventional Spray
- Number of Coats: 2
- Dry Film Thickness per Coat: 2 mils (4.1 wet mils)
- Coverage: 400 sq. ft/gal.
- Application Temp: 50°F Min. / 95°F Max.
- Thinner: Special Thinner 216 or Brush-Ease 433
|Temp||To Touch||To Recoat||To Launch|
|95°F||1/2 HR||1 HR||3 HR|
|75°F||1 HR||2 HR||6 HR|
|60°F||2 HR||4 HR||10 HR|
Surface Preparation & Application
- Previously Painted Surfaces (Good Condition)
- Refer to the Interlux Antifouling Compatibility Chart and prepare the surface as required.
- Apply at least 2 coats of Fiberglass Bottomkote NT.
- Previously Painted Surfaces (Poor Condition)
- Completely remove all old antifouling paint using Interstrip 299E for fiberglass and wood.
- For steel, sandblast to near white metal.
- Follow the appropriate application systems below.
- Bare Fiberglass
- Remove mold release wax and other contamination in order to ensure that the antifouling paint properly adheres to the substrate.
- Remove mold release wax using either Fiberglass Surface Prep YMA601V or Fiberglass Solvent Wash 202.
- Fill any surface imperfections with Interlux Watertite YAV135.
- After the surface has been cleaned, follow one of the Fiberglass application systems below.
- Bare Fiberglass - No Sanding System
- Clean the surface with Fiberglass Surface Prep YMA601V.
- Apply one coat of Interlux InterProtect 2000E.
- Bare Fiberglass - Sanding System
- Sand entire surface well with 80 grit paper until flat matte finish is obtained.
- Remove sanding residue.
- Apply two coats of Fiberglass Bottomkote NT allowing appropriate drying times.
- Bare Wood
- Sand with 80 grit paper, then remove sanding residue.
- Apply the first coat of Fiberglass Bottomkote NT thinned 10% with Special Thinner 216 or Brush-Ease 433.
- Fill seams with Interlux Seam Compound 30 (if necessary)/
- Apply 2 or more coats of Fiberglass Bottomkote NT unthinned, allowing for appropriate dry times.
- Thin only if necessary and do not thin more than 10%.
- For airless spray, use tip size 0.53-0.66 mm/21-26 thou. Use pressure 170-204 bar/2500-3000 psi.
- For conventional spray, use pressure pot tip size 1.8-2.2 mm/70-85 thou. Use pressure 4.08-4.76 bar/60-70 psi (gun pressure), 10-15 psi (pot pressure).
- For roller application, use a 3/8" nap solvent resistant roller.
California Residents: WARNING Cancer and Reproductive Harm - P65Warnings.ca.gov
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
- Google Product Type:
- Google Custom Field 2:
- Paint Type:
- Ablative Antifouling
- Number of Seasons:
- Single Season
- Antifouling Type:
- Copper Based
- Is Boat Trailerable:
- Hull Material:
- Fiberglass, Steel, Wood
- Water Type:
- Brackish Water, Fresh Water, Salt Water
Customers Also Viewed
Interlux Micron CSC Ablative Bottom Paint Interlux is the industry leader in ablative bottom paints and it is trusted by boat owners for their long-lasting quality products. Interlux Micron CSC is a...Choose Options
Pettit Easypoxy (EZ-Poxy) High Gloss Topside Marine Paint Pettit Easypoxy is an advanced polyurethane paint that provides long-lasting and effective gloss retention. Pettit EZ-Poxy is a popular...Choose Options
Interlux Brightside - High Gloss Polyurethane Topside Marine Paint Brightside Polyurethane marine paint is a hard-finish, high gloss, one-part application polyurethane topside finish. This paint...Choose Options
Interlux Trilux 33 Antifouling Bottom Paint Interlux Trilux 33 Antifouling Bottom Paint is a tin-free antifouling paint that has been formulated to provide safe, yet-highly effective protection for...Choose Options
Pettit Vivid Ablative Antifouling Boat Paint It used to be that boaters had to sacrifice their color choices for an effective antifouling paint treatment. With Pettit Vivid antifouling bottom paint,...Choose Options