Sea Hawk AF33 Bottom Paint Sea Hawk AF33 Bottom Paint is a harder ablative antifouling paint that yields a more durable finish. This premium, multi-season paint is suitable for vessels of all types...
Interlux Fiberglass Bottomkote NT
FREQUENTLY BOUGHT TOGETHER
Total Price:Add to Cart
Interlux Fiberglass Bottomkote NT Antifouling Marine Paint
Rebate Available - From 2/1/23 - 6/1/23, Get $10 Back per Gallon up to 2 Gallons. Download Rebate Form Here
Don’t trust your boat with just any antifouling paint. Interlux is the industry leader in marine paints. They have been helping boaters restore and protect their boats for over a century.
Interlux Fiberglass Bottomkote NT is a universal antifouling paint that provides the benefits from both hard and ablative paints, making it useful on both power and sailboats alike. Formulated with a built-in slow polishing mechanism to avoid heavy paint layer build-up, Interlux Fiberglass Bottomkote NT will smooth and renew surfaces continuously.
This antifouling paint provides season-long protection in fresh or saltwater for fiberglass, wood, and primed metal underwater areas. It is not safe for aluminum hulls. Interlux fiberglass Bottomkote NT provides season-long protection and the fast-drying paint can have you painted and launched all in the same day.
- Dual resin approach optimizes the benefits of hard and ablative paints.
- Surface continuously smooths with use, providing a fast, fuel efficient coating
- Fast drying - paint & launch on the same day
- Universal, a cost effective choice for all power and sail boats in all waters.
- Finish: Matte
- Coverage: 400 sq. ft/gal.
- Number of Coats: 2 minimum
- VOC: 449 g/lt - maximum
- Pack Size: 1 US Quart, 1 US Gallon
- Colors Available: YBB349 Red, YBB359 Green, YBB369 Blue, YBB379 Black
Special Thinner 216 - For thinning or surface prep
Brush-Ease 433 - For thinning or surface prep
InterProtect 2000E - Universal primer for above & below waterline
How To Apply Fiberglass Bottomkote NT
Apply Interlux Fiberglass Bottomkote NT over existing antifouling paints provided the old coating is tightly adhered and is undamaged. Use Fiberglass Bottomkote NT on fiberglass, wood, or properly primed steel and lead. Unsuitable for use on tin-based copolymer antifouling paints. Use a minimum of 2 coats. Shake/stir paint thoroughly prior to applying.
- Application Methods: Roller, Brush, Airless Spray, or Conventional Spray
- Number of Coats: 2
- Dry Film Thickness per Coat: 2 mils (4.1 wet mils)
- Coverage: 400 sq. ft/gal.
- Application Temp: 50°F Min. / 95°F Max.
- Thinner: Special Thinner 216 or Brush-Ease 433
|Temp||To Touch||To Recoat||To Launch|
|95°F||1/2 HR||1 HR||3 HR|
|75°F||1 HR||2 HR||6 HR|
|60°F||2 HR||4 HR||10 HR|
Surface Preparation & Application
- Previously Painted Surfaces (Good Condition)
- Refer to the Interlux Antifouling Compatibility Chart and prepare the surface as required.
- Apply at least 2 coats of Fiberglass Bottomkote NT.
- Previously Painted Surfaces (Poor Condition)
- Completely remove all old antifouling paint using Interstrip 299E for fiberglass and wood.
- For steel, sandblast to near white metal.
- Follow the appropriate application systems below.
- Bare Fiberglass
- Remove mold release wax and other contamination in order to ensure that the antifouling paint properly adheres to the substrate.
- Remove mold release wax using either Fiberglass Surface Prep YMA601V or Fiberglass Solvent Wash 202.
- Fill any surface imperfections with Interlux Watertite YAV135.
- After the surface has been cleaned, follow one of the Fiberglass application systems below.
- Bare Fiberglass - No Sanding System
- Clean the surface with Fiberglass Surface Prep YMA601V.
- Apply one coat of Interlux InterProtect 2000E.
- Bare Fiberglass - Sanding System
- Sand entire surface well with 80 grit paper until flat matte finish is obtained.
- Remove sanding residue.
- Apply two coats of Fiberglass Bottomkote NT allowing appropriate drying times.
- Bare Wood
- Sand with 80 grit paper, then remove sanding residue.
- Apply the first coat of Fiberglass Bottomkote NT thinned 10% with Special Thinner 216 or Brush-Ease 433.
- Fill seams with Interlux Seam Compound 30 (if necessary)/
- Apply 2 or more coats of Fiberglass Bottomkote NT unthinned, allowing for appropriate dry times.
- Thin only if necessary and do not thin more than 10%.
- For airless spray, use tip size 0.53-0.66 mm/21-26 thou. Use pressure 170-204 bar/2500-3000 psi.
- For conventional spray, use pressure pot tip size 1.8-2.2 mm/70-85 thou. Use pressure 4.08-4.76 bar/60-70 psi (gun pressure), 10-15 psi (pot pressure).
- For roller application, use a 3/8" nap solvent resistant roller.
Click Here to Download Interlux Fiberglass Bottomkote NT Datasheet
California Residents: WARNING Cancer and Reproductive Harm - P65Warnings.ca.gov
- Google Product Type:
- Google Custom Field 2:
- Paint Type:
- Ablative Antifouling
- Number of Seasons:
- Single Season
- Antifouling Type:
- Copper Based
- Is Boat Trailerable:
- Hull Material:
- Fiberglass, Steel, Wood
- Water Type:
- Brackish Water, Fresh Water, Salt Water
- Product MPN:
- YBB-349G, YBB-349Q, YBB-369G, YBB-359G, YBB-369Q, YBB-379G, YBB-379Q
- Product UPC:
- 81948000345, 081948000352, 081948000369, 081948000383, 081948000390, 081948000413, 081948000420
Customers Also Viewed
Interlux ACT Ablative Antifouling Bottom Paint Rebate Available - From 2/1/23 - 6/1/23, Get $10 Back per Gallon up to 2 Gallons. Download Rebate Form Here Interlux ACT Antifouling Paint Ablative...
Interlux Micron CSC Ablative Bottom Paint Rebate Available - From 2/1/23 - 6/1/23, Get $20 Back per Gallon up to 2 Gallons. Download Rebate Form Here Interlux is the industry leader in ablative...
Interlux Trilux 33 Antifouling Bottom Paint Trilux 33 is formulated to provide the most effective protection for fiberglass, wood, and all underwater metal surfaces. This antifouling bottom paint is...
Pettit Vivid Ablative Antifouling Boat Paint When it comes to bottom paints, Pettit leads the way in innovation and high-quality bottom paints. They are committed to providing their customers with...
Interlux Ultra-Kote Hard Antifouling High Copper Bottom Paint The Interlux Ultra-Kote is a high performance antifouling paint that is perfect for areas that experience moderate to severe fouling...
Pettit Easypoxy (EZ-Poxy) High Gloss Topside Marine Paint There are a lot of choices when it comes to topside marine paints, however, Pettit is an industry leader in creating superior marine grade...
Pettit Hydrocoat Waterbased Bottom Paint Rebate Available - From 2/15/23 - 5/31/23, Get $50 Back per Gallon up to 2 Gallons. Download Rebate Form Here Pettit Hydrocoat is an eco-friendly...
Interlux VC-17M Antifouling Boat Bottom Paint Rebate Available - From 2/1/23 - 6/1/23, Get $5 Back per Quart up to 2 Quarts. Download Rebate Form Here New Formula as of April 2022 - Biolux is...
Interlux Brightside - High Gloss Polyurethane Topside Marine Paint Interlux Brightside Paint is a hard-finish, high gloss, one-part application polyurethane topside finish. This paint offers...