Toon-Brite Protective Clear Coat For Boats
FREQUENTLY BOUGHT TOGETHER
Total Price:Add to Cart
Toon-Brite Protective Clear Coat for Boats
This Toon-Brite Protective Clear Coat for Boats rejuvenates fading or oxidizing metal surfaces and provides a long-lasting barrier against the elements. It is a perfect clear coat option for aluminum, fiberglass, brass, copper, stainless, and other metal surfaces. This protective clear coat is designed from a corrosion-resistant non-conductive formula and will make future boat cleaning considerably easier. It will provide years of protection against oxidation, UV rays, weathering, stains, salt spray, and electrolysis. Easily apply a clear-coat with either a 3-4 inch foam brush or spray it using an HVLP type sprayer. Be sure to clean and dry the vessel surface prior to application.
- Makes Future Cleaning Much Easier
- Works On Aluminum, Fiberglass, Brass, Copper, Stainless and Most Metal Surfaces
- Protects For Years Against Oxidations, UV Rays, Weathering, Stains, Salt Spray and Electrolysis
- Restores and Rejuvenates Faded Or Oxidized Surfaces
- Will Not Chip Or Peel
- Corrosion Resistant
- Great Color Restorer
- Reduces Maintenance For Both Metal and Fiberglass
- Gallon Coverage: 800-1200 Sq Ft.
- 12 oz. Spray Coverage: 120 Sq Ft
**Clear-coat is not an anti-fouling paint.
How to Apply Toon-Brite Protective Clear Coat
Toon-Brite Protective Clear Coat can be applied to aluminum, fiberglass, stainless steel, brass, copper, and galvanized steel. All surfaces must be clean, dry, and free of all contaminants (especially waxes, grease, & oils) prior to application.
Coverage: One quart will cover approx. 200-300 sq. ft.
- Thoroughly clean surface with an acid wash.
- Once the surface has been properly cleaned, test the surface for adhesion by applying Clear-Coat to a small area and observe for 5 minutes.
- If the coating stays flat and flows out, the surface is adequately clean.
- If beading occurs, re-clean.
- Once surface is properly cleaned, apply 2 coats (or more) of Toon-Brite Clear Coat.
- Thoroughly clean the surface of oxidation, wax, and polish.
- For heavy build up, use Toon-Brite Fiberglass Cleaner.
- Apply Toon-Brite Clear Coat. Multiple coats may be necessary.
- Follow up with fiberglass polish then wax.
- Provide adequate ventilation when applying Clear Coat and remove all sources of ignition or spark.
- To apply by hand, use a 3" or 4" foam applicator.
- To apply by spray, Toon-Brite recommends using a HVLP paint gun. If needed, dilute with acetone.
- Apply to the surface in long even strokes being careful not to let runs or sags develop.
- Make sure to overlap each pass.
- The surface temperature should be above 50°F. Do not apply when humidity is above 85%.
- For applications requiring multiple coats, the preceding coat should be dry to the touch.
- Allow at least 8 - 24 hours to cure.
Clean up can be done with soap and water for hands. Use acetone or lacquer thinner for Clear-Coat clean up.
Toon-brite Protective Clear-Coat FAQ’s
Q: What type of surface will Clear-Coat work on?
- A: Clear-coat can be applied to Aluminum, Fiberglass, Copper, Brass, Stainless Steel, or any other surface you want to prevent from staining and discoloring.
Q: Can you see Clear-Coat once it’s applied?
- A: Clear-coat is virtually invisible on all surfaces other than a high polished surface. On a high polish finish, Clear-coat when wiped can sometimes leave slight sheen. This will some what lessen with a second coat and it also tends to diminish with time.
Q: Will Clear-Coat work on painted surfaces?
- A: Yes, Clear-coat can be applied to dull painted surfaces that are beginning to get chalky and oxidized. Clear-coat will prevent the chalky finish from returning as well as bring back a rich shiny finish.
Q: What will Clear-Coat protect against?
- A: Clear-coat will protect your surfaces from Oxidation, Stains, Weathering, Salt Spray, UV Rays, Corrosion and Electrolysis.
Q: How long will the average application last?
- A: On boats that are kept on the trailer, or on a lift, it’s not uncommon to get 3 to 4 years of protection, If you leave your boat in the slip all season long, from the water line down, it should last a couple of years or more. There are just too many variables such as water conditions and content, as well as severity of marine growth etc. But from the water line up, you can expect the same protection as any other boat. On things like RV’s ECT., you can expect 3 to 4 years.
Q: What temperature is it safe to apply Clear-Coat?
- A: Clear-coat can be applied at any temperature but, you’ll get a better finish at 50 degrees, than at 90 degrees.
Q: Can I apply Clear-Coat in the sun?
- A: Yes you can, but try to avoid direct sunlight if at all possible.
Q: What is “Cure Time”?
- A: Although Clear-coat dries to the touch in about 15 minutes, it takes as little as 2 or 3 hours, or as long as 24 hours depending on temperature and humidity.
Q: Do I need to remove the first Clear-coat application before I reapply years later?
- A: No, All you need to do is clean with Toon-brite, Aluminum or Fiberglass Cleaner, and apply the new coat.
California Residents: WARNING Cancer and Reproductive Harm - P65Warnings.ca.gov
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
- Google Product Type:
Customers Also Viewed
Starbrite Ultimate Aluminum Boat Cleaner/Restorer - 64 oz. Experience a high-quality aluminum cleaner like no other with Starbrite. Starbrite Aluminum Cleaner is, by far, the best way to clean and...Add to Cart
Pettit Easypoxy (EZ-Poxy) High Gloss Topside Marine Paint Pettit Easypoxy is an advanced polyurethane paint that provides long-lasting and effective gloss retention. Pettit EZ-Poxy is a popular...Choose Options
Toon-Brite Pontoon & Aluminum Boat Cleaner Care Kit This Toon-Brite Pontoon & Aluminum Boat Cleaner Care Kit includes everything you need to clean, restore, and polish your pontoons or...Add to Cart
Starbrite Ultimate Aluminum Boat Polish w/ PTEF - 16 oz. This Starbrite Ultimate Aluminum Boat Polish w/ PTEF is formulated to preserve the finish of aluminum pontoon boats, jon boats and canoes. It...Add to Cart
Aquagard Aqua-Gloss Waterbased Marine Enamel - Quart The first environmentally responsible waterbased marine enamel available, Aquagard Aqua-Gloss is a water-based acrylic paint for use on wood,...Add to Cart