3M Marine High Strength Repair Filler
3M offers a high performance filler made for restoring damage to fiberglass hulls and decks. Short strands of fiberglass add strength, while the non-shrinking formula means you don't have to worry about shrinkage. Recommended for filling or covering scratches, dings, rust outs, blemishes, pinholes, and other surface defects.Also useful for leveling or evening out low spots or depressions.
- Non Staining & Non-Shrinking formula
- Short strands of fiberglass reinforce filler strength
- Consistency allows for vertical surface applications
- Restores damaged fiberglass hulls and decks
Directions for Use
3M Marine High Strength Repair Filler can be applied on vertical surfaces. Offers a working time of 10-15 minutes and can be sanded in 30 minutes.
- Must be used when surface, shop temperature, and filler are above 60° F
- Clean surface free of dust,grease,was,moisture, and oil.
- Ensure the laminate is dry
- Grind any damaged fiberglass with a coarse grade (40 grit) abrasive and wipe clean with tack cloth
- Mix 3M High Strength Repair Filler and apply desired amount to a clean non-porous mixing surface. DO NOT USE CARDBOARD!
- Add 2% 3M Marine Creme Hardener (i-1/2 inch strip to a golf ball sized amount of filler). Mix the two into a uniform color and ensure no air bubbles are contained in the mixture.
- Ensure you mix enough to use in the 15 minute work time
- Apply the 3M Marine High Strength Repair Filler to a clean surface, no thicker than 3/8 inch per layer.
- Let the product cure for 30 minutes
- Apply 3M Premium Filler following label directions on product for final filling and sanding directions
- Uncured material may be removed with a cleaning solvent
- When used for bonding apply to one surface
- Clamp joint if necessary
- Handling strength in 3-4 hours
- Apply primer, paint, or gelcoat following manufacturer's recommended procedures
Customers also viewed