Marine Battery Boxes
Marine Battery Boxes & Hold Down Trays
Keeping your boat batteries dry is important. However, some boats are not of sufficient size or design to have a proprietary and water-tight battery compartment. Boat battery holders offer the solution and provide easy access to external battery terminals and enable trolling motor and charger leads to be connected without opening the box.
Wholesale Marine offers a great selection of Boat Battery Holders including MinnKota's Motor Battery Power Terminal and Moeller Marine’s Power Plant Battery Box. Both components are waterproof and feature a built-in battery meter that displays the current “state of charge.”
Each battery box is molded from non-corrosive, high-strength, plastic that has been designed to protect batteries from corrosion damage. These boat battery holders feature hold-down straps and knockouts to allow for easy cable routing. We also carry Marine Battery Trays from Attwood and T & H to secure batteries in transom applications. Every hold-down tray meets the United States Coast Guard requirements.
Battery Hold Down Tray Installation Instructions:
1. Determine location for battery.
2. Mark the location of the screw holes using the tray as a template.
3. Drill pilot holes. Use caution to prevent drilling through the bottom of the boat.
4. Secure the battery tray using the #10 screws and washers.
5. Insert the battery on the tray.
6. On each side thread a bolt into the crossbar. Install the battery retainer and bolts. Tighten
moderately until bolts and/or crossbar flex.
7. Following the battery manufacturer’s requirements for correct installation, connect battery
Wholesale Marine offers competitive pricing, same day shipping for most items at a flat rate. Ask about our Customer Loyalty program for additional discounts. If you have a question or wish to place an order, we’ll be glad to assist you. We’re here from 9:00 AM until 6:00 PM, EST, Monday through Friday at (877) 388-2628.