Marine Battery Boxes & Hold Down Trays
Keeping your boat batteries dry is important. However, some boats are not large enough or designed to include a proprietary and water-tight battery compartment. In this case, boat battery holders offer easy access to battery terminals and allow for trolling motor and charger leads to be connected without having to open the compartment.
We carry Boat Battery Holders too. Try MinnKota's Motor Battery Power Terminal and Moeller Marine’s Power Plant Battery Box. They’re waterproof and you can always see how much battery life remains on a charge. Each battery box is molded from non-corrosive, high-strength, plastic that has been designed to protect batteries from corrosion damage. Their hold-down straps and knockouts facilitate cable routing. Need to secure your battery in a transom? Marine Battery Trays from Attwood and T & H will do the trick. Every hold-down tray meets the United States Coast Guard requirements.
Marine Battery Boxes and Battery Hold Down Tray Installation Instructions:
- Determine location for battery.
- Mark the location of the screw holes using the tray as a template.
- Drill pilot holes. Use caution to prevent drilling through the bottom of the boat.
- Use #10 screws and washers to secure the battery tray
- Insert the battery on the tray.
- On each side thread a bolt into the crossbar. Install the battery retainer and bolts. Tighten moderately until bolts and/or crossbar flex.
- Following the battery manufacturer’s requirements for correct installation, connect battery cables.
Wholesale Marine offers competitive pricing, and same day shipping for most items at a flat rate. Ask about our Captain’s Club Rewards Program for additional discounts the next time you shop with us. If you have a question or wish to place an order for marine battery boxes or anything for your boat, we’ll be glad to assist you. We’re here Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM until 6:00 PM EST, at (877) 388-2628.