Marine Battery Boxes & Hold Down Trays
Keeping your boat batteries dry is essential. Some boats are simply not large enough or designed to include a water-tight battery compartment. In these cases, marine battery boxes provide easy access to battery terminals which allow trolling motor and charger leads to conveniently be connected without the need to open the compartment.
We stock Boat Battery Holders too. We recommend Minn Kota's Motor Battery Power Terminal and Moeller Marine’s Power Plant Battery Box. They’re both waterproof and the remaining battery life on the charge is conveniently displayed. All marine battery boxes are constructed from non-corrosive, high-strength, plastic that has been designed to protect batteries from inevitable corrosion damage from marine environments. Hold-down straps and knockouts facilitate quick cable routing. If you are looking to secure your battery in a transom, Marine Battery Trays from Attwood and T & H will get the job done. Rest assured that every hold-down tray meets the United States Coast Guard requirements.
Marine Battery Boxes and Battery Hold Down Tray Installation Instructions:
- Determine location for battery.
- Mark the location of the screw holes using the tray as a template.
- Drill pilot holes. Use caution to prevent drilling through the bottom of the boat.
- Use #10 screws and washers to secure the battery tray
- Insert the battery on the tray.
- On each side thread a bolt into the crossbar. Install the battery retainer and bolts. Tighten moderately until bolts and/or crossbar flex.
- Following the battery manufacturer’s requirements for correct installation, connect battery cables.
For competitively priced products and same-day shipping, shop at Wholesale Marine. Don’t forget to ask about our Captain’s Club Rewards Program for additional savings on boating products. Give us call Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM until 6:00 PM EST, at (877) 388-2628.