Bennett Trim Tab w/EIC 5000 Control
FREQUENTLY BOUGHT TOGETHER
Total Price:Add to Cart
Bennett Marine Complete Trim Tab Kits with Electronic Indicator 5000 Control
Sizes are formatted span x chord. Span is the side to side measurement, chord is the fore to aft measurement.
- Decrease the time in "Transition mode" between displacement and planing.
- Reduce fuel consumption, laboring of engines, hull stress, wake and pounding.
- Eliminate squatting, listing and porpoising.
- Increase speed and improve visibility and handling.
- Precise and accurate control.
- Low maintenance with long-term value.
- Easy to service.
Standard Trim Tab Package Contains:
- (2) Stainless steel trim tabs
- (2) Hydraulic Actuators
- (1) Hydraulic power unit
- (1) EIC 5000 Control Unit including wiring
- (1) 20' Hydraulic Tubing
Choosing the Right Bennett Trim Tab
Bennett Marine offers a few general guidelines when it comes to choosing the right Bennett Trim Tab for your boat. It's important to remember that the largest trim tabs that will comfortably fit on the transom will be the most efficient. Choose at least one inch of trim tab span (per side) for every foot of boat length. For example, if you have a 22 foot boat, choose no less than 24"x9" trim tab.
The span is the side to side measurement of a trim tab, and a chord is the fore to aft measurement. Whenever possible, choose a 9" chord trim tab and gain lift through a longer span. The span on a trim tab has more of an effect on the amount of lift. There are a few instances where a 12" chord may be more effective:
- Limited Transom Space - boats with twin outboards or twin I/Os, or boats with transom configurations that limit trim tab span.
- Extra Lift - Slower boats (less than 15mph), semi-displacement hulls, boats over 50 feet, outboard brackets, or boats with any other feature that increases the need for lift aft benefit from the 12" chord.
When measuring for your trim tab, disregard the strakes and follow the Vee of the hull.
- Boat Length: 19'-24' | Trim Tab Size: 12"x 12"
- Boat Length: 25'-31' | Trim Tab Size: 24"x 12"
Trim Tabs should follow the Vee at the junction of the transom and the bottom of the boat. For maximum side to side control, trim tabs are usually mounted 3-4" from the chine and run toward the keel. In the case of Inboards, the complete run from the chine to keel may be utilized if it is an unbroken span of the same angle. On boats powered by inboard/outboard (I/O) or outboards, it is necessary that the trim tabs not be placed too close (8" minimum) to the lower unit(s) to avoid disturbing the water flow to the propeller.
California Residents: WARNING Cancer and Reproductive Harm - P65Warnings.ca.gov
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
- Google Product Type:
- Trim Tabs
- Trim Tab System:
Customers Also Viewed
Bennett Marine Complete Trim Tab Kits with Euro-Style Rocker Switch Control Bennett Hydraulic Trim Tabs are ideal for boats that stay in the water and require high speed action under extreme marine...Choose Options
Lenco Trim Tab Kit without Switch Trim tabs make the single most important difference in the way your boat rides and performs. They are optional on some boats but should be as standard as power trim...Choose Options