HOW TO MOUNT GARELICK COMPACT EEZ-IN II TRANSOM LADDER
- Choose the most suitable side of your transom for mounting the ladder. Locate a flat surface (4 ½” wide x 5” high) where the ladder will not interfere with the turning of the motor or be excessively close to the propeller of your boat.
- Make sure that the location will be a minimum of 4” ABOVE the waterline at the bottom of the faceplate/assembly and in an area where there are NO electrical wires, hydraulic hoses, water hoses or steering cables.
- Check to see that the transom area is sufficiently strong enough to support the ladder while it is in use. If necessary, a backing plate may need to be installed to reinforce the area.
- Drill a 3” diameter hole in the transom, making sure it is parallel to the waterline.
- Place the ladder assembly into the hole and mark the four faceplate mounting hole’s locations.
- Drill the holes for appropriate 5/16” diameter hardware (not included).
- NOTE: It is preferred to through-bolt the assembly for a secure installation (use locknuts and backing washers)
- Caulk the entire area to be mounted and insert the ladder. Secure in place with the selected mounting hardware.
- Secure the far end of the ladder to the boat with a strap or some other means to keep the ladder tube in place (not provided as all installations may vary).
- Regular fresh water rinsing and periodic cleaning with a mild abrasive cleaner will help retain lustre and help reduce corrosion.
- Periodically check mounting hardware and re-tighten (due to normal boat operation).
- Never operate your boat with the ladder in “down” position. Serious injury or damage to your boat or ladder may result.
Information sourced from the Garelick 19700 Series Invisible Ladder