Interlux Trilux 33 Antifouling Bottom Paint Trilux 33 is formulated to provide the most effective protection for fiberglass, wood, and all underwater metal surfaces. This antifouling bottom paint is...Add to Cart
Interlux Trilux Boat Prop & Drive Antifouling Paint
FREQUENTLY BOUGHT TOGETHER
Total Price:Add to Cart
Interlux Trilux Boat Prop & Drive Antifouling Spray Paint
Props and engine drives are constantly being submerged in water, which can cause a breakdown of the metals or corrosion. Protecting them is key to long-lasting props and drives. Interlux has a specially formulated antifouling spray just for props and engine drives. Trilux prop paint helps protect the vital parts from the underwater elements and keeps them up and running season after season.
Trilux prop paint is a high-quality antifouling spray paint designed just for aluminum outboards and outdrives but is safe for all underwater metals. Made with the Interlux Biolux technology, it prevents slime, algae, and other organisms from attaching to your props and engine parts. The highly effective controlled-release film technology in the Interlux Trilux prop paints helps deter these elements. For optimal results on bare metal, prime with Primocon first to ensure best results.
- Convenient aerosol can provide effective antifouling
- Interlux’ exclusive Biolux technology reduces slime and increases antifouling performance
- Safe for all out drive and underwater metals
- Can be used in fresh, salt, and brackish water
- Only available in 12 oz. aerosol can
- Size: 12 fl. oz.
- Finish: Matte
- Coverage (approx): 21.2 ft² per spray can
- Number of Coats: 1-2 as needed
- Colors Available: YBA063A Black, YBA064A Gray, YBA068A White
- VOC: 470 g/lt
It is important that you shake can well before use. If can is not shaken properly, clogging of the tip may occur.
How To Apply Interlux Trilux 33 Aerosol Paint
Prior to application, shake can well. Listen for mixing-ball and continue shaking vigorously for at least two minutes. Shake in an up and down motion. If not shaken properly, tip may clog.
- Application Method: Aerosol can
- Number of Coats: 1-2 as needed. Use an entire can per lower unit.
- Dry film thickness: 2 mils
- Coverage: 21.2 ft² per spray can
- Application Temp: 50°F Min. / 95°F Max.
|Temp||To Touch||To Recoat||To Launch|
|95°F||1/2 HR||4 HR||8 HR|
|73°F||1/2 HR||6 HR||12 HR|
|50°F||1/2 HR||12 HR||16 HR|
- Bare Aluminum:
- Grind or blast the bare aluminum to a bright metal finish.
- For best results, pre-prime using an etch primer.
- Remove sanding residue or any dust.
- Immediately apply at least 3 coats of Interprotect 2000E (first coat thinned 10-15%) or one full can of Primocon Aerosol Primer YPA985
- Previously Painted Surfaces
- If previously painted with Trilux 33, sand with 80 grit sandpaper.
- If factory finish or antifouling paint, sand with 80 grit sandpaper then clean with special thinner 216. Resand any areas where bare aluminum is exposed with medium grit emery cloth and wipe clean. Follow the procedure for bare aluminum above.
- Remove all surface contamination using Fiberglass Surface Prep YMA601.
- Flush with fresh water and allow to dry.
- Sand with 80 grit paper, then remove sanding residue.
- Wipe with Fiberglass Solvent Wash 202.
- Apply Interprotect 2000E as primer.
- At least 2 coats should be applied.
- Hold can 12-16" from the unit when applying the paint.
- Wait for minimum overcoating time between coats.
- Continue until entire can has been used per outdrive.
- Allow minimum immersion time.
California Residents: WARNING Cancer and Reproductive Harm - P65Warnings.ca.gov
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
- Google Product Type:
- Spray Paint
- related products
Customers Also Viewed
Interlux Micron CSC Ablative Bottom Paint Interlux is the industry leader in ablative bottom paints and it is trusted by boat owners for their long-lasting quality products. Interlux Micron CSC is a...Choose Options