Interlux Ultra w/ Biolux Hard Antifouling Paint
Interlux Ultra with Biolux is an antifouling paint specially formulated for long-term protection in high fouling water. Ultra offers great coverage and a hard, durable finish. The Biolux boost helps control slime, making this paint great for areas where there is a high level of shell and algae growth.
- Fast drying formula with Biolux technology that reduces slime
- Hard, long lasting formula for fiberglass, wood and steel
- A hard, high solids, high performance antifouling
- Low VOC reduces overall solvent emissions
- Type of antifouling: Hard
- Suitable water types: Sea water, fresh water, brackish water
- Recommended number of coats: 2
- Finish: Matte
- Brush coverage: 410 sq. ft. per gallon
Interlux Ultra can be applied by brush and roller by DIYers and airless spray and conventional spray for professionals.
How to Apply Interlux Ultra w/ Biolux Hard Antifouling Paint
- Previously Painted Surfaces
- In good condition, remove loose paint by sanding with 80 grit paper, then wipe with special thinner 216.
- In poor condition, remove antifouling paint with Interstrip Semi-Past 299E.
- Bare Fiberglass
- Begin by scurbbing well using soap and water and a stuff brush. Rinse with fresh water and allow to dry. Wipe a small area with a clean rag that has been wetted with Fiberglass Solvent Wash 202. While the surface is still wet, wipe with a clean, dry rag. Continue this process until the entire surface gas been cleaned.
- Sand with 80 grit paper. Remove sanding residue. Wipe with Fiberglass Solvent Wash 202. Once the hull is contaminant-free and dry, apply the first coat of primer.
- Bare Wood
- Sand with 80 grit paper. Remove sanding residue. Apply first coat reduced 10% with Special Thinner 216. If primer is preferred, use Primocon YPA984. Fill seams, if necessary, with Seam Compound Brown 30.
- Prime with Interprotect 2000E to achieve 10 mils total dry film thickness.
At least 2 coats should be applied, or a minimum of 4 mils dry film thickness.
- Thinner: Brush Ease 433. Thin no more than 10%.
- Airless Spray Pressure: 170-204 bar/2500-3000 psi. Tip Size: 0.53 mm/21 thou.
- Conventional Spray Pressure Pot: Pressure - 4.08-4.76 bar/60-70 psi (gun pressure); 10-15 psi(pot pressure). Tip Size: 1.8-2.2mm/70-85 thou.
- Roller: Use a 3/8" nap solvent resistant roller.
Customers also viewed