Marine-Tex Flexset Epoxy Adhesive
Marine-Tex FlexSet is a non-sagging, non-shrinking, permanently flexible adhesive.Sandable and paintable, FlexSet resists vibration and bending failures by curing to a tough, flexible consistency that creates an air and watertight seal between mating surfaces. Bonds to PVC, Hypalon®, ceramic, rubber, polyurethane, glass, acrylic, steel, fiberglass, polycarbonate, wood, ABS, aluminum, Lexan® and dissimilar materials.
Apply above or below the waterline, in wet or dry areas. Bonds dissimilar materials like PVC to copper. FlexSet outperforms PVC Cement! Because of the vibration and shock resistance, FlexSet is highly recommended for PVC pipe repairs. As bonded joints shrink and expand, the FlexSet moves with them. Therefore, it won't crack or break from the surface.
- Bond and seal deck and hull joints.
- Make underwater repairs.
- Install thru-hull fittings.
- Attach rub-rails and wood trim.
- Protect electrical insulation from moisture.
- Bond ABS, Lexan® and other "difficult materials"
- Directly attach PVC fittings to unthreaded metal pipe.
- Repair inflatable boats, wet or dry, made from PVC, Hypalon®, polyurethane
- Bond wood, metal, plastic, fiberglass and more to inflatable fabric
- Fix RV trim, tanks, skylights, roof, drains
- Repair swimming pool liners and covers, grout leaks, skimmers, stainless filters,plumbing, and drains
- Mend diving suits and gear, spa covers, spa shells or exterior wood
- Fix camping tents, shoes, tools, ponds, fountains, waterfalls, masonry, landscaping materials
How to Use Marine-Tex Flexset Epoxy Adhesive
- Clean and roughen all bonding surfaces. Remove all contaminants such as grease, oil, and dirt with a strong detergent.
- Sand to bare surface with 80-100 grit sandpaper to ensure adhesion. Remove all grit and dust after sanding.
- Remove cap and cut tips of nozzle ends at groove closest to resin and hardener.
- Disperse equal parts of resin and hardener. Add pigment if desired.
- Be sure to mix for two to three minutes. FlexSet should be a uniform color.
- Apply to bonding surfaces, press together leaving sufficient adhesive between joint.
- Replace cap on nozzle and clean any uncured epoxy with rubbing alcohol.
Working time is 15-30 minutes. Material will set in 1-2 hours, and full cure in 24 hours at 72 degrees Fahrenheit. Expect longer cure times at lower temperatures.