Jabsco Standard Electric Marine Toilet 12V
Jabsco Electric Marine Toilet, Household size. Features push button operation. All materials used for this toilet are corrosion resistant for marine use.
- White Vitreous China Bowl
- Baked enamel seat & cover
- Flexible impeller flush pump
- Permanent magnet type motor, fully enclosed, with stainless steel shaft
- High capacity macerator and bowl scavenger pump
- Built-in back flow preventer
- The Jabsco electric toilet may be installed above or below the waterline. Flush pump is self-priming with a vertical lift up to 4 feet; discharge macerator pump can operate against a vertical head up to 4 feet.
- Inlet and outlet seacocks should be easily accessible and be positive shut off valves. If seacocks cannot be conveniently operated from toilet location, install suitable shut off valves for inlet and discharge connections.
- Note: Base assembly may be moved 90 degrees to accommodate connections and provide accessibility for servicing.
- Note: Surface where toilet is mounted should be flat to prevent distortion of toilet base.
- Connect inlet hose using either 5/8" or 3/4" ID hose. Make sure all inlet connections are airtight and free of sharp bends or restrictions.
- Note: A sleeve is included to adapt pump inlet from 5/8" to 3/4"
- Connect 1" or 1-1/2" hose to discharge port and make suitable connection to holding tank or other discharge system. Avoid sharp bends or restrictions.
- Note: Adapter 98023-0080 is included to convert discharge port to 1-1/2" ID hose.
- For above waterline installations, a check valve may have to be installed in the flush water intake line to ensure rapid pump priming. To retain water in bowl, make a loop in the discharge line about 8 inches above base of bowl. Do not connect inlet hose to a pressurized water system.
- If toilet is, or can be, below waterline at any normal (including static) attitude of vessel heel and/or trim, a 3/4" Vented Loop Fitting must be installed in the length of hose connecting the flushing pump to the inlet seacock. The Vented Loop Fitting must be positioned so it remains slightly above the waterline at all angles of heel and trim.
- Select a location for the switch and instruction plate, making sure wire leads from both the toilet and the power source can be routed to the switch.
- Ensure the panel where installing switch is no more than 1" thick. Drill a 5/8" mounting hole and install switch and instruction plate.
- Use stranded copper wire of the correct size to connect one side of the switch to the positive power source. An appropriate size fuse or equivalent circuit breaker must be installed in the positive power lead within seven inches of the power source.
- Connect the other side of the switch to the orange (positive) motor lead.
- Connect the black (negative) motor lead to the negative side of the battery or grounded buss bar.