Maxwell Marine HRC10-10 Horizontal Windlass
Maxwell's all new HRC10 Horizontal Series represents yet another breakthrough in performance and anchor handling excellence. These horizontal, fully automatc rope/chain windlasses have been designed to meet the demands for use on larger vessels up to 52 feet, which require a completely above deck installation system. HRC10's flawlessly handle rope up to 5/8" (16 mm) and chain up to 3/8" (10 mm) in size, including the thick rope to chain splice.
The modern appearance of the HRC10 Series retains the classic good looks of previous Maxwell horizontal windlasses, while incorporating design features years ahead of its competitors.
The two part case consists of a die cast, marine-grade hard anodised alloy front section and a rugged and easily removable composite motor cover aft section. This two piece watertight case allows for quick and easy, on-deck, routine maintenance.
Wave Design™ Chainwheel
The new and revolutionary patented Wave Design™ chainwheel is able to accommodate a wide range of chain pitch differences, within the specified chain size diameters, suitable for use with the HRC10 Series.This patented rope.chain wheel incorporates two unique design concepts that greatly improve the handling and control of the rope/chain spliced rode. The outer ribs of the chainwheel are angled slighly forward, ensuring that the rope and the chain are smoothly guided in the wheel during anchor retrieval.
- Simple bolt down installation ensures effortless and rapid on-deck installation and set up.
- The stainless steel pressure arm always exerts maximum control pressure on the rode (rope, splice or chain).
- The unique Maxwell wrap around™ horizontal chainwheel ensures that more than 90° of the wheel is used, allowing greatly improved rope and chain handling compared with competitor designs.
- The HRC10 works just as effectively with all-chain rodes for those who desire the added security and holding power of an all-chain anchor system.
- The integral chain pipe and huge, through deck hawse pipe throat ensures easy entry of the rope/chain rode into and out of the anchor locker.
- Cone type clutch/brake mechanism permits manual, free fall™ anchoring and emergency crank recovery of the rode and anchor if required.
- The sealed oil bath and marine-grade hard anodised, alloy gearbox provides high efficiency output drive via precision worm and wormwheel.
- Maximum Pull 1870 lbs.
- Static Hold 3300 lbs.
- Chain Short Link 3/8" (10mm)
- Chain Speed 79ft/min.
- Rope Speed 66ft/min.
- Power Supply 12V or 24V
- Motor Power 1200W
Windlass, Circuit Breaker, Helm Switch, Dual Solenoid, and an Emergency Crank.
Important: Maxwell windlasses must be used in conjunction with a chain stopper or alternative snubbing device to take the load off the windlass while laying at anchor. The chain stopper and alternative snubbing system should also be used to secure the anchor in the fully raised position while under way.
Customers also viewed