Shakespeare Upper Antenna Bracket
The Shaespeare Upper Antenna Bracket is a support and insulator bracket for use with 1-1/2" antennas. Can be used with 407 Swivel mounts (sold seperately). When installing a marine antenna, it's important to install as high as feasible, and as free as possible from obstructions.
- Includes 1" reducing adapter
- Includes 1-1/8" reducing adapter
- Corrosion resistant
- Easy-open for quick laydown
How to Install Shakespeare 408-R Upper Antenna Bracket
You will need:
- Drill bit for 1/4" screws
- Wrench or pliers
- Loosen the wingnut on the top of the bracket and slide the retainer bar out of the way. Place the antenna in its mounting position in the U-shaped opening in the bracket.
- Note: For 1-1/8" and 1" antennas, put the appropriate reducing adapter in the opening.
- Rotate the retainer bar over the antenna to lock it in place.
- Using the bracket itself as a template, mark the position for its mounting holes.
- Drill 1/4" mounting holes, and install the bracket using stainless steel machine screws, washers, lockwashers, and nuts. (Hardware is sold seperately).
- For mounting to some types of surfaces, you might need to substitute stainless steel woodscrews or other hardware.
- Tighten the wing nut to secure the antenna in the bracket. The completed installation should attach the antenna firmly to the mounting surface, leaving no "play" between the antenna and the bracket.
Information sourced from Shakespeare Marine's Product Installation Guide
Customers also viewed