Sierra Marine 18-21001 Mercruiser Gimbal Bearing
Non-greasable Mercruiser gimbal bearing from Sierra Marine. Sierra engine parts are designed to meet or exceed OEM requirements.
Fits: MC-1, R, MR, and Aplha (1974-97), Gen II Aplha (1991-97), Bravo I/II/III (1988-95)
- Mercruiser Stern Drive
- (1) Permalube gimbal bearing
- (1) Grease passage plug
Installation Instructions for Sierra Gimbal Bearings:
- When changing the gimbal bearing to the permanently lubricated type, replace the grease fitting with the included grease passage plug.
- Remove the grease fitting from the side of the transom housing.
- Apply sealant to the threads of the grease passage plug.
- Use a 1/8" allen wrench to install the grease passage plug until fully sealed.