Sika Sikaflex 291 Fast-Cure Marine Sealant
300 ml cartridge
Sikaflex 291 Fast-Cure Marine Sealant is a general all-purpose marine sealant, which may be used for light duty bonding. 1-component, marine grade polyurethane elastomeric adhesive and sealant. Its fast cure time makes it ideal for applications where speed is important. Sikaflex 291 has excellent adhesion to gelcoat, fiberglass, metal and wood that can be gunned or brushed into place.
- Use above and below water line
- General all-purpose sealant
- May be used for light duty bonding
- Resists salt water
- Excellent adhesion to gelcoat, fiberglass, metal and wood.
- May be squeezed or brushed into place.
- Versatile packaging
- Excellent bond
- Fast tack-free time
- High solids content
- NSF approved for potable water
- USDA approved for incidental food contact
- Cure Time - 1-12 Days (Depends on thickness and humidity level)
How to Apply Sikaflex 291 Fast-Cure Marine Sealant
Surface must be clean, dry, free of oil and grease and of sound quality.
- Thoroughly remove all loose particles.
- Clean surface with a strong jet of compressed air, sandblast, or solvent.
It is recommended that you pretest substrates for adhesion. Cleaners or primers mat be required to achieve optimal adhesion.
Recommended application temperatures are between 41 - 104 Degrees Fahrenheit. For cold weather application, store unit at approximately 70 degrees Fahrenheit and remove just prior to use.
- Cut tip of plastic nozzle to joint size.
- Puncture air-tight seal.
- Install by hand or with power-operated caulking gun.
For best performance, Sikaflex should be gunned into joint when joint slot is mid-point of its designed expansion and contraction.
- To facilitate tooling, wet pointing tool or finger with soap solution.
Tooling and Finishing
Tooling and finishing must be carried out within the tack free time of the sealant. It is recommended you use Sika Slick Cutout Lubricant and Tooling Agent.
Customers also viewed