Standard Matrix AIS/GPS Fixed Mount VHF Radio
$40 Mail-In Rebate w/Qualifying Purchases UNTIL 07/31/2018 CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD
Getting connected has never been easier! The Standard Matrix AIS/GPS Fixed Mount VHF features an Integrated 66 Channel GPS receiver and two integrated AIS receivers. Easy to use, this VFH has a huge, easy to read display and a built-in speaker and keys on the mic.
Have peace of mind when boating in high traffic areas with the Matrix AIS/GPS Fixed Mount VHF.
- True and Magnetic bearing selection on AIS display
- Contact Class A or B AIS Ship with DSC
- Programmable CPA or TCPA collision avoidance alarms
- Meets ITU-R M493-13 Class D DSC (Digital Selective Calling)
- Submersible IPX7 (3.3 feet or 1 meter for 30 minutes) front panel
- 80dB Commercial grade receiver
- DSC position request and report functions
- 30 Watt PA/Loud Hailer with preprogrammed fog signals and listen back
- ClearVoice noise canceling speaker microphone with channel selection and 16/9 key
- GPS Compass, Waypoint and GPS status pages
- Navigation (LAT/LON, Time, SOG and COG) information shown on display
- Enter, Save and Navigate to waypoints with Compass page
- E2O (Easy-To-Operate) menu system
- User customizable soft keys for easy menu operation
- Versatile user-programmable scanning, priority scan and Dual Watch
- Oversized rotary channel knob with push to enter, backlit display and keys
- Local/Distance attenuator
- Optional connection for RAM3 second station remote microphone with AIS display
- Intercom between radio and RAM3
Integrated 66 Channel WAAS GPS Antenna:
The Matrix AIS/GPS, features a 66 channel WAAS GPS antenna integrated into the front panel of the radio, now there is no need to hassle with wiring the radio to a GPS for DSC (Digital Selective Calling) or AIS (Automated Identification System). Out of the box and ready to go, acquiring AIS and AIS SART targets, DSC calling, position sharing, waypoint navigation, and navigation to DSC distress calls can all be performed with just a few simple steps.
AIS/AIS SART traget display: MMSI, Call Sign, Ship Name, BRG, DST, SOG and COG:
The Matrix AIS/GPS displays AIS target information (MMSI, Call Sign, Ship Name, BRG, DST, SOG and COG) allows you to contact an AIS Ship directly using DSC, shows your vessels position in relation to AIS targets and alerts you when an AIS ship may be approaching too close to your location via the Closest Point of Approach (CPA) Alarm.
30 Watt PA/Loud Hailer with preprogrammed fog signals and listen back:
The Matrix AIS/GPS includes a 30W Loud Hailer with Fog signals; Bells and Whistles with listen back. For added benefit, the last selected VHF channel can be heard when in the PA or Fog modes and the AIS Display may be accessed and used.
In addition, the Matrix AIS/GPS allows you to start a fog horn and then view the AIS page simultaneously.
Programmable CPA or TCPA collision avoidance alarms:
The Matrix AIS/GPS shows your vessel's position in relation to AIS targets and alerts you when an AIS ship may be approaching too close to your location via the Closest Point of Approach (CPA) Alarm, or Time to Closest Point of Approach (TCPA) Alarm.
RAM3 Second Station Compatible:
Need to remotely control a VHF from your cockpit of fly bridge? The Matrix AIS/GPS is RAM3 remote mic capable to control all VHF and DSC functions at a second station. In addition, the Matrix AIS/GPS can show AIS displays and vessel information. The Intercom feature allows communication between the main radio and the remote station.
The Matrix AIS/GPS is capable of entering and saving up to 100 waypoints. These waypoints may be selected and navigated to by using a unique navigation compass display that shows your vessel's SOG, COG, BRG (Bearing) and DST (Distance) to the waypoint.
The Matrix AIS/GPS Fixed Mount VHF is backed by a three year manufacturer's warranty, including water damage. Standard Horizon will replace or repair the unit for free. After the first three years, this VHF is then covered by Standard Horizon's Lifetime Flat Rate Service and Customer Loyalty programs.
Mounting Your Standard Matrix AIS/GPS Fixed VHF
It is important that you choose a mounting location that is at least three feet away from the radio's antenna. This location should also provide accessibility to the front panel controls.
The Matrix AIS/GPS fixed VHF comes with a mounting bracket which allows for overhead or desktop mounting.
- Use a 13/64" (5.2mm) bit to drill the holes into a surface which is more than 0.4" (10 mm) thick and can support more than 3.3 lbs. (1.5 kg).
- Secure the bracket with the supplied screws, spring washers, flat washer and nuts.
You can also purchase a optional flush mount bracket. The Matrix AIS/GPS comes with a flush mount template.
Visit www.standardhorizon.com to register your VHF.
Information sourced from Standard Horizon's Matrix AIs/GPS VHF Owner's Manual.
Customers also viewed