Taco Striker Base Gunnel Mount - 1-1/8"
Taco Marine's Striker Bases are the strongest flush mount bases on the market today. Features a patented hex nut locking mechanism that allows for multiple fishing positions.
- Polished Stainless Steel Type 316
- Unique Hex nut locking design offers multiple fishing positions
- Ambidextrous 45° arm ideal for trolling from gunnel
- Removable arm allows for unobstructed gunnel
- Mounting base included
- Compatibile with Taco Marine 1-1/8" Tele-Outriggers and 1-1/8" outrigger poles from Lee, Perko, & Rupp
- Sold in Pairs
Three year limited warranty
Dimensions: 15-1/2" Height
- Base Dimensions: 5-1/8" L x 2-5/8" W x 3/16"
- Outrigger Dimensions: 1-1/8" butt end
Taco Striker Base Gunnel Mount Assembly Instructions
You will need the following tools:
- Electric drill with 5/16" drill bit
- 3/16" Allen wrench
- 1/2" Crescent wrench | Hole saw
- The lower base tube is a an 45 degree angle. The ellipse hole should be cut at 45 degrees to the gunnel or other mounting surface. The gunnel mounting plate should be inserted through the gunnel with the tube towards the stern.
- Use wide masking tape to protect mounting surface of base location prior to making out for ellipse and before drilling. Mark and drill the area with a hole saw. Drill bolts only after elliptical hole is made and base is positioned correctly and flat to the mounting surface. Note: Use 1-1/2" hole saw.
- Use a marine sealant between the mounting surface and the base.
- Use only high quality stainless steel fasteners. Taco recommends through-bolting if possible, and the use of backing plates (not included) on gunnels that are 3/4" or less for mounting surface reinforcement.
- Gunnel mounted Striker Bases are installed with the Taco Marine logo facing the stern of the boat.