Yeti Tundra 45 Cooler
The YETI Tundra 45 is the best all-purpose cooler because of its versatile 26-can capacity and easy portability. This cooler is infused with that legendary YETI toughness — made from roto-molded polyethylene, it’s UV resistant, heavily insulated and near indestructible. The durable, marine-grade nylon rope handles with textured grips let you easily haul your Tundra 45 camping cooler on short trips and quick hunting excursions.
It’s also great for a day on the lake due to its molded-in tie-down slots and non-slip feet, and will even stand in as a casting platform if you decide to throw a line in the water. Like all YETI Coolers, it’s built to be grizzly proof, making it a must-have camping cooler on your next overnighter in bear country.
Note: All Tundra coolers come standard with one dry goods basket.
YETI recommends filling your cooler with as much ice as possible. Ideally you want to have an ice to contents ratio of at least 2:1. Using this ratio, you can fit 26 12oz. cans in the Tundra 45 Cooler.
Core Features of the YETI Tundra 45 Cooler:
- Perfect all-purpose cooler
- Can be carried by one person
- Can be used as a small casting platform
- Fits great on off-road vehicles
- Works perfect as a family drink cooler or overnight camping cooler
Rotomolded Construction - makes it armored to the core and virtually indestructable
Bearfoot Non-Slip Feet - assures your cooler stays put
Permafrost Insulation - the stronghold of cold
Doublehaul Handles - military-grade polyester rope with a heavy-duty tetured grip
No-Sweat Design - keeps it dry on the outside
Vortex Drain System - a quick twist drains it all
Dimensions L 25-1/2" x W 16" x H 15-3/8"
Ice Retention Tips
Tips from YETI to Maximize Ice Retention in the YETI Tundra 45 Cooler
- Pre-cool your YETI Cooler
- A cooler is designed to insulate, which means it will retain heat as well as cold. If your cooler is stored in a hot place, such as a warm garage or hot vehicle, a significant amount of ice will be wasted cooling the cooler itself.
- Feeeze or pre-chill contents
- Chilling or freezing contents before you load them into your cooler will extend ice retention. It takes over 1 lb. of ice to cool a six-pack of canned beverages that started at room temperature.
- Use cold, sub-zero ice
- Cold, sub-zero ice is relatively dry to the touch and will last substantially longer than "warm" ice, which is typically wet and dripping with water.
- Use as much ice as possible
- Ideally, you want to have a 2:1 ice to contents ratio. The more ice, the better.
- Consider using dry ice
- Dry ice provides 3x the cooling power of regular ice, leaving more room for contents. YETI coolers are designed to stand up to the extreme cold temperature of dry ice.
Ideal Yeti Ice Configuration:
5 Year Manufacturer Warranty