Yeti Tundra 65 Cooler
The YETI Tundra 65 cooler is a heavy-duty generalist, equally adept at keeping your catches cold in the field or serving as the drink-and-food hub for a tailgate, party, or other times of general revelry. This ice chest is plenty roomy, holding 39 cans, a keeper redfish or a small quartered deer. Whatever you choose to chill, you know this top-quality cooler will keep it cold longer thanks to 2 meaty inches of insulation and our cold-keeping gasket. Dry ice compatibility allows you to keep everything chilled for as long as possible.
Need your YETI to serve as a hunting cooler one weekend, a marine cooler the next, and a party cooler right after? Don’t be afraid to mix it up: the durable polyethylene material can stand up to repeat duty again and again, and the integrated, self-stopping hinges scoff in the face of excessive use. The handles are made from marine-grade nylon rope with textured grips for easy carrying, even fully loaded. If you’re taking the Tundra 65 out on the water as a marine cooler, don’t forget that it’s also a great casting platform in a bay boat.
YETI recommends filling your cooler with as much ice as possible. Ideally you want to have an ice to contents ratio of at least 2:1. Using this ratio, you can fit 39 12oz. cans in the Tundra 65 Cooler.
NOTE: All Tundra models come standard with one dry goods basket.
Core Features of the Yeti Tunda 65 Cooler:
- Larger all-purpose cooler ideal for small gatherings and weekend events
- Many applications such as hunting, fishing, tailgating and camping
- Holds keeper redfish / quartered deer
- Can be carried by one person
- Can be used as a bay boat casting platform
Rotomolded Construction - Makes it armored to the core and virtually indestructible.
Bearfoot Non-Slip Feet - Assures your cooler stays put
Permafrost Insulation - The stronghold of cold
Doublehaul Handles - Military-grade nylon rope with a heavy-duty textured grip
No Sweat Design - Keeps it dry on the outside
Vortex Drain System - A quick twist drains it all
Dimensions - L 301/2" x W 171/2" x H 16"
Ice Retention Tips
Tips from YETI to Maximize Ice Retention in the YETI Tundra 65 Cooler
- Pre-cool your YETI Cooler
- A cooler is designed to insulate, which means it will retain heat as well as cold. If your cooler is stored in a hot place, such as a warm garage or hot vehicle, a significant amount of ice will be wasted cooling the cooler itself.
- Feeeze or pre-chill contents
- Chilling or freezing contents before you load them into your cooler will extend ice retention. It takes over 1 lb. of ice to cool a six-pack of canned beverages that started at room temperature.
- Use cold, sub-zero ice
- Cold, sub-zero ice is relatively dry to the touch and will last substantially longer than "warm" ice, which is typically wet and dripping with water.
- Use as much ice as possible
- Ideally, you want to have a 2:1 ice to contents ratio. The more ice, the better.
- Consider using dry ice
- Dry ice provides 3x the cooling power of regular ice, leaving more room for contents. YETI coolers are designed to stand up to the extreme cold temperature of dry ice.
Ideal Yeti Ice Configuration:
5 Year Manufacturer Warranty