Aquagard Water-Based Antifouling Paint
FREQUENTLY BOUGHT TOGETHER
Total Price:Add to Cart
Aquagard Water-Based Antifouling Paint
This environmentally friendly antifouling paint (bottom paint) is specifically formulated to prevent barnacles, slime, algae, and other fouling organisms from attaching to your boat. Aquaguard antifouling paint is a non-toxic water based paint with outstanding results. It can be applied over bottoms with existing paint. Just remove any dirt and debris and roll on for an easy application. Aquaguard Antifouling paint is fast drying and easy to clean up with soap and water. It is safe to use on most fiberglass, wood, and inflatable boats.
Regular hull maintenance and painting is more than just about your boat’s appearance. The use of antifouling paints help protect the hull, deck, and other surfaces from the harsh effects of marine life. Sun and salt water can cause deterioration of hard surfaces and using antifouling paints can help extend the life of your boat.
- Ablative action repels barnacles & other growth
- Fast drying
- Water Based paint rolls on easily
- Soap & water clean-up
- Exceeds V.O.C. standards
- Controlled leach out
- Non-toxic fumes
- U.S. EPA approved
- Finish: Flat
- Coverage: 450 sq. ft/gal
- Number of Coats: 1-2
- Application Methods: Brush or roller
Aquagard Antifouling Bottom Paint Application Instructions
It's important to remember that the adhesion of new paint is only as good as the paint that it is being applied over. Anywhere your old paint is flaking or lifting, the bottom needs to be stripped. If you bottom paint is in good condition, you only need to sand it a little with 80-grit sandpaper, clean it up, tape it off, and roll on another coat.
A hull that has not been previously painted has mold release wax on the fiberglass. This will interfere with paint adhesion unless you remove it. Clean the hull thoroughly with de-waxing solvent and plenty of clean rags. Sand the de-waxed hull lightly with 80-grit paper. Wipe down the area again to remove all sanding residue. Apply a primer.
- The antifouling in bottom pint is often heavy and will settle to the bottom of the can. Be sure to take the time and effort to mix your paint properly. If you have a paint shaker, run it for at least 5 minutes to get the copper and the pigment evenly distributed throughout the paint.
- If you are doing it by hand, keep dredging up the copper off the bottom of the can. Each time you add to your roller tray, you will want to stir again to ensure consistency.
- Roll the paint onto the hull using a short-nap roller cover (usually 3/8 nap).
- Fill your paint tray with paint. Dip your roller and roll it up and down on the hull. Each time you refill the paint tray, first stir the paint in the can to keep the copper in suspension.
- By the time you work your way all around the hull, many bottom paints will be dry enough to overcoat. No sanding or other prep is needed between coats.
Note: Be sure to leave all zinc anodes unpainted. If you are installing new zincs, make sure you do not paint over their mounting locations. Good electrical contact is essential for zincs to do their job.
California Residents: WARNING Cancer and Reproductive Harm - P65Warnings.ca.gov
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
- Google Product Type:
- Hull Material:
Customers Also Viewed
Interlux Trilux 33 Antifouling Bottom Paint Interlux Trilux 33 Antifouling Bottom Paint is a tin-free antifouling paint that has been formulated to provide safe, yet-highly effective protection for...Choose Options
Interlux Micron CSC Ablative Bottom Paint Interlux is the industry leader in ablative bottom paints and it is trusted by boat owners for their long-lasting quality products. Interlux Micron CSC is a...Choose Options
Pettit Vivid Ablative Antifouling Boat Paint It used to be that boaters had to sacrifice their color choices for an effective antifouling paint treatment. With Pettit Vivid antifouling bottom paint,...Choose Options
Pettit Easypoxy (EZ-Poxy) High Gloss Topside Marine Paint Pettit Easypoxy is an advanced polyurethane paint that provides long-lasting and effective gloss retention. Pettit EZ-Poxy is a popular...Choose Options