Pettit Hydrocoat Waterbased Bottom Paint Pettit Hydrocoat is an environmentally friendly marine bottom paint with no harsh solvents or smells and meets all current local and state environmental...Choose Options
Aquagard Water-Based Antifouling Paint
FREQUENTLY BOUGHT TOGETHER
Total Price:Add to Cart
Aquagard Water-Based Antifouling Paint
Using antifouling paint on your boat helps prevent organisms such as algae, barnacles, and slime from attaching to your vessel. Aquagard antifouling paint helps to prevent biofouling and protects your boat hull. Aquagard Water-Based Bottom paint is non-toxic and safe to use on most boat hulls including fiberglass, wood, and even inflatables. There is no need to sand off existing paint, just remove any dirt and debris and apply. It goes on smoothly and is fast drying. Cleaning up is easy with just soap and water.
Maintaining and protecting your hull should be a top priority. Using antifouling paints help protect it from harsh elements such as sun and saltwater, along with other harsh marine elements. Aquagard antifouling paint helps extend the life of your boat and prevent deterioration.
- Ablative action repels barnacles & other growth
- Fast drying
- Water Based paint rolls on easily
- Soap & water clean-up
- Exceeds V.O.C. standards
- Controlled leach out
- Non-toxic fumes
- U.S. EPA approved
- Finish: Flat
- Coverage: 450 sq. ft/gal
- Number of Coats: 1-2
- Application Methods: Brush or roller
Aquagard Antifouling Bottom Paint Application Instructions
It's important to remember that the adhesion of new paint is only as good as the paint that it is being applied over. Anywhere your old paint is flaking or lifting, the bottom needs to be stripped. If you bottom paint is in good condition, you only need to sand it a little with 80-grit sandpaper, clean it up, tape it off, and roll on another coat.
A hull that has not been previously painted has mold release wax on the fiberglass. This will interfere with paint adhesion unless you remove it. Clean the hull thoroughly with de-waxing solvent and plenty of clean rags. Sand the de-waxed hull lightly with 80-grit paper. Wipe down the area again to remove all sanding residue. Apply a primer.
- The antifouling in bottom pint is often heavy and will settle to the bottom of the can. Be sure to take the time and effort to mix your paint properly. If you have a paint shaker, run it for at least 5 minutes to get the copper and the pigment evenly distributed throughout the paint.
- If you are doing it by hand, keep dredging up the copper off the bottom of the can. Each time you add to your roller tray, you will want to stir again to ensure consistency.
- Roll the paint onto the hull using a short-nap roller cover (usually 3/8 nap).
- Fill your paint tray with paint. Dip your roller and roll it up and down on the hull. Each time you refill the paint tray, first stir the paint in the can to keep the copper in suspension.
- By the time you work your way all around the hull, many bottom paints will be dry enough to overcoat. No sanding or other prep is needed between coats.
Note: Be sure to leave all zinc anodes unpainted. If you are installing new zincs, make sure you do not paint over their mounting locations. Good electrical contact is essential for zincs to do their job.
California Residents: WARNING Cancer and Reproductive Harm - P65Warnings.ca.gov
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
- Google Product Type:
- Hull Material:
Customers Also Viewed
Interlux Aqua One Ablative Antifouling Paint Interlux is a leading manufacturer of antifouling paint and has been protecting boats with their complete line of protective paints for over a century...Choose Options
Interlux Trilux 33 Antifouling Bottom Paint Trilux 33 is formulated to provide the most effective protection for fiberglass, wood, and all underwater metal surfaces. This antifouling bottom paint is...Add to Cart
Interlux Micron CSC Ablative Bottom Paint Interlux is the industry leader in ablative bottom paints and it is trusted by boat owners for their long-lasting quality products. Interlux Micron CSC is a...Choose Options
Pettit Vivid Ablative Antifouling Boat Paint It used to be that boaters had to sacrifice their color choices for an effective antifouling paint treatment. With Pettit Vivid antifouling bottom paint,...Choose Options
Pettit Easypoxy (EZ-Poxy) High Gloss Topside Marine Paint Pettit Easypoxy is an advanced polyurethane paint that provides long-lasting and effective gloss retention. Pettit EZ-Poxy is a popular...Choose Options