Attwood Heavy Duty Adjustable Battery Tray Attwood Heavy Duty Adjustable Battery Trays are made of heavy-duty, non-corrosive, black plastic. These trays can extend up to 9-1/2", making it ideal for...Choose Options
Attwood Battery Tray With Adjustable Hold Downs
FREQUENTLY BOUGHT TOGETHER
Total Price:Add to Cart
Attwood Marine Battery Tray with Adjustable Hold Downs
Lightweight, heavy duty corrosion-resistant polypropylene, non-corrosive black plastic. Includes adjustable-height crossbar and two retaining bolts. Attwood Marine's hold-down trays are designed to secure your battery. Meets ABYC Standard E-10 and U.S. Coast Guard requirements. Patented design. Install with #10 screws.
It fits most 24 Series batteries. Constructed from non-corrosive hi-strength plastic, this battery tray holder measures approximately 11" wide by 7" deep by 2" tall overall. Holds 24 and 24M series batteries.
|24 Series Battery Tray||10-5/8" x 6-3/4" x 8-3/4"||24/24M|
|27 Series Battery Tray||12-1/8" x 6-3/4" x 8-3/4"||27/27M|
How to Install Attwood Battery Hold Down Trays
Attwood Battery Hold Down Trays are designed to be used with standard batteries (24/24M & 27/27M series) including Gould 800 Delco Voyager.
The adjustable-height crossbar holds the battery in place. Mounting holes in the tray make it easy to secure and prevent battery movement. The tray is made of noncorrosive, heavy-duty black plastic. Meets ABYC Standard E-10 and U.S. Coast Guard requirements.
Tools and Materials Needed for Installation
- Drill and a suitable drill bit
- Eight #10 stainless steel wood/sheet metal pan head screws
- Eight #10 stainless steel flat washers
CAUTION : Battery must be located in a well ventilated area to prevent buildup of explosive gasses. To prevent acid burns, locate in an area away from casual contact.
- Determine a suitable location for the battery tray making sure there is enough room to work.
- Using the battery tray as a template, mark the location of the screw holes. It is recommended that you use the mounting holes closest to the retaining bolt threads, if possible.
- You may wish to further secure the tray with additional screws.
- Drill eight pilot holes for the screws. Do not drill through the bottom of the boat.
- Fasten down the tray using the #10 screws and washers.
- Place the battery into the tray.
- Thread a bolt into the crossbar on each side. The bolts fit tightly to prevent them from becoming lost when changing batteries.
- Install the battery retainer and bolts. Tighten moderately until bolts and/or crossbar bend slightly.
- Connect the battery cables, following the battery manufacturer’s requirements for correct installation. The positive terminal should be insulated to prevent accidental shorting.
CAUTION Overtightening the bolts could damage the threads or damage the crossbar.
California Residents: WARNING Cancer and Reproductive Harm - P65Warnings.ca.gov
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
- Google Product Type:
- Battery Hold Downs
Customers Also Viewed
Moeller Battery Tray - 29/31 Series Batteries This Moeller Battery Tray is just the right accessory for long-life battery performance. Features non-corrosive, high-strength plastic construction with...Add to Cart
Attwood Battery Box With Strap And Mounting Hardware Attwood vented battery boxes meet ABYC Standard E-10 and US Coast Guard Specification Number 183.420 as an OEM-installed battery hold down system...Choose Options
Blue Sea Systems e-Series Battery Switch Selector- 4 Position Features: Make-before-break contact design allows switching between battery banks without power interruption Ignition protected -...Add to Cart
Attwood Water-Resistant Turbo In-Line Bilge Blower The first vane axial-flow fan bilge blowers designed using aerospace technology to maximize performance. No other bilge blowers in the industry...Choose Options