Attwood Waterbuster Battery Operated Portable Water Pump This submersible pump is a great way to remove unwanted water from boats, pool covers, aquariums and sump pits. Convenient and safe, too,...Add to Cart
FREQUENTLY BOUGHT TOGETHER
Total Price:Add to Cart
Attwood Sahara Automatic Bilge Pump - 12 Volt
Attwood bilge pumps are widely considered to be the best in the business. The Attwood Sahara Bilge Pump is a durable, compact, and easy to install automatic bilge pump. The Sahara has everything contained in one compact yet durable package, making this pump a great option for tight spaces.
This bilge pump series features a 316 stainless steel motor shaft for corrosion resistance and a durable high-impact, glass-filled polyester impeller. The base of the pump has quick, one-handed removal for easy disassembly for cleaning.
Every Sahara bilge pump includes 36" lengths of 16-gauge caulked and tinned copper wire. An automatic-switch bilge pump is a requirement for any vessels 20’ especially those that accommodate overnight passengers and crew. All Attwood bilge pumps come with a 3-year manufacturer's warranty.
- Mercury-free switch
- Test knob for easy operational check
- Non-restrictive float movement
- Larger filter area resists clogging
- Free flow of water around housing keeps motor cool
- 316 Stainless Steel motor shaft for saltwater corrosion resistance
- Durable high-impact, glass-filled polyester impeller
- Sahara S500
- Part #: 4505-7
- GPH at Open Flow: 500
- GPH at 3.3' Head: 350
- Hose Size: 3/4" I.D.
- Sahara S750
- Part #: 4507-7
- GPH at Open Flow: 750
- GPH at 3.3' Head: 625
- Hose Size: 3/4" I.D.
- Sahara S1100
- Part #: 4511-7
- GPH at Open Flow: 1100
- GPH at 3.3' Head: 973
- Hose Size: 1-1/8" I.D.
How To Install an Attwood Sahara Automatic Bilge Pump
You Will Need:
- Hose and thru-hull fittings (sold separately)
- Two (2) hose clamps suitable for (3/4” or 1-1/8”) hose
- AUTO/OFF/MANUAL dash-mounted control switch
- In-line fuse connector and appropriate size fuse
- Three (3) stainless steel #6 x ½” self-tapping screws, round or pan head. Use a #32 drill bit for pilot holes.
- Four (4) wire butt-connectors for 16-gauge wire.
- Two (2) insulated spade terminal connectors for 16-gauge wire.
- Suitable means to make electrical connections waterproof
- Cordless drill
Pump Mounting Instructions
- Make sure the hull thickness is at least 1/2 “thick. If not, place a block of ½” marine plywood (slightly larger than pump base) in the lowest part of the bilge. Be sure that the pump cover can be removed for cleaning in this position. Glue the plywood to the hull with a waterproof adhesive.
- Position the pump in the lowest part of the bilge on a flat, level surface (on the plywood block if it has been installed) with the outlet pointing toward the transom.
- Be sure outlet nozzle is level. If pointed upward or downward, an airlock may form in the pump.
- The float end of the pump must be level with or above the pump end. This prevents the pump from running out of water while the float is still high enough to activate the pump.
- Mark location of the three (3) mounting holes with a pencil or scribe.
- Carefully drill two 1/8” diameter pilot holes in marked area and drive a screw in each hole.
- Slide hose clamps (one to clamp hose to the pump, the other for the thru-hull connector) over the end of the hose. Force hose over the discharge nozzle of the pump. Install clamp.
- Route hose on an upward incline to the thru-hull connector. Avoid dips in hose that can trap water, and airlock the pump. Avoid putting excess tension on the hose, which can damage the pump outlet.
- Force the hose over the thru-hull barbs and clamp into place.
Thru-Hull Connector Instructions
- If no thru-hull connector exists, choose a location for the fitting.
- Position thru-hull fittings at least 12” above the water line to prevent water from coming back into the hull. On sailboats, mount the thru-hull high enough on the center of the transom to be above the water line at all times.
- Place fitting, if possible, on the same side as the steering wheel so the driver can see discharge of water when the pump is working properly.
- Drill hole to match outside diameter of the thru-hull connector thread.
- Place a small bead of suitable marine sealant around inside of the thru-hull connector flange.
- Insert thru-hull connector through the hole and tighten to hold the thru-hull connector firmly in place. Do not overtighten the nut.
Information sourced from the Attwood Sahara Series Automatic Bilge Pump Installation Instructions
California Residents: WARNING Cancer and Reproductive Harm - P65Warnings.ca.gov
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
- Google Product Type:
- Bilge Pump
Customers Also Viewed
Attwood Tsunami Cartridge Bilge Pump With their innovative engineering and compact design, Tsunami pumps deliver high output from a small package. Attwood uses the most advanced material available,...Choose Options
Attwood Water-Resistant Turbo In-Line Bilge Blower The first vane axial-flow fan bilge blowers designed using aerospace technology to maximize performance. No other bilge blowers in the industry...Choose Options
Attwood LED Articulating All-Round Boat Stern Light This Attwood LED Articulating All-Round Boat Stern Light features improved lens technology and a cleaner light transmission. It is 30%...Choose Options