Attwood Stainless Steel Flush Mount Marine Cleats
Great new Flush Cleat design from the leader in stainless steel hardware! This cleat recesses flush to the deck for a clean, contemporary look at an affordable price. Corrosion-resistant 316 stainless steel construction (patented design). Water-resistant cleat recesses into cast body and is captured with lubricated seals. An optional drainage receptacle mounts below the cleat to drain off water.
- Design Refinements
- Easy to operate–simply pull up the cleat from its body
- Standard four-hole mount
- Easy Installation
- Countersunk model mounted with four #10 screws , 4-1/2"-long; 1/4" screws, 6" and 8"-long; 5/16" screws.
- Hole pattern is similar to competitive models
- 1/8" stamped backing plate, for decks thicker than 1/2", is standard on all models (optional cast backing plate available for thin decks).
- Gasket provides a water seal between cleat and deck
- Engineered To Last
- Water-resistant cleat recesses into cast body and is captured with rubber seals and ball detents
- Optional plastic drainage receptacle mounts under cleat to drain off water in 3/8" I.D. hose (not included)
- Durable–cast stainless steel construction and simple design assures long-life and dependable operation
THIS CLEAT IS MOUNTED WITH 4 SCREWS FROM THE TOPSIDE. NOT STUD MOUNTED FROM BELOW.
Posted by Unknown on Mar 24th 2017
I was looking for a retractable cleat to mount at the front center of a pontoon, right where the door is, for tying off sea anchors and anchor lines. I wanted a cleat large enough for 1/2 and 5/8 inch lines, but one that would not be in the way or a trip hazard when not in use. I purchased the 6" model and it works perfectly for my application. It retracts nearly flush and even when barefoot is not objectionable to step on. As the instructions say, make sure you check for obstructions below the surface. I had to fit it between deck supports and only had about 1/2" clearance to spare between the supports. Also, the mounting surface must be flat, no curves. Most expensive cleat I have ever purchased, but I am very pleased with my purchase.