Essential Fishing Gear
In addition to a lucky fishing lure, every fisherman knows that the right equipment will help them land the big one. Wholesale Marine, a one-stop boating emporium, carries everything recreational, sport and competition-level fishermen require for years of enjoyment. Here are some tips when determining what essential fishing gear you'll require on a recreational boat trip:
Fishing Gear Must Haves
- Know what fish you are after, and make sure that your rods, reels and line are matched to the fish you're out to catch.
- Always pack a spare rod, reel and line. If your primary rod should break then your day will not be wasted.
- Bait tanks, coolers and Livewells
- Two tackle boxes, one small and one large. The small box is the backup incase the bigger tackle box falls overboard. The bigger box is well-equipped with your hooks, lures, line, sinkers, corks, etc.
- Fishing net to scoop up your catch, long nose pliers for removing hooks, knives for fish cleaning, ice chest to keep fish or fillets cool, and do not forget a tape measure to ensure your catch is a keeper.
- Fishing license
- First aid kit
- Insect repellent and sunscreen
Wholesale Marine has an extensive inventory of boating and marine supplies. Fishermen will find everything they need from rod and reel combos to fishing vests, and accessories. Know where the fish are biting with our selection of electronic fish finders. We also carry seating for fishing boats and tables for cleaning your catch.
If you have a question about what should comprise your essential fishing gear, our customer service representatives will be glad to assist you. They might even swap fish stories with you. Call them at (877) 388-2628, Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM until 6:00 PM EST.