Interlux Interprotect Epoxy Barrier Coat Kit - Gray Applying Interlux 200E can help protect hulls from damaging water absorption that can cause long-term, costly repairs to your boat. Interprotect...Add to Cart
Interlux Interprotect Epoxy Barrier Coat Kit - White
FREQUENTLY BOUGHT TOGETHER
Total Price:Add to Cart
Interlux Interprotect 200E Epoxy Barrier Coat Kit - White
Formulated with a unique two-part epoxy coating, Interlux Interprotect 200E is the perfect product to protect and seal hulls from moisture and water absorption that can cause rotting and long-term damage to your boat hulls. When it comes to repairing or preventing osmotic blistering, Interlux 200E is the product of choice. It is specifically designed for underwater use on metals, keels, and hulls.
Similar to roof shingles, the Interlux epoxy coating contains microplates that overlap, creating a tight barrier between the hull and the water. Interlux 200E is a universal primer with anti-corrosive properties, which makes it great for metals. It is suitable for application above and below the waterline.
Applying Interlux Interprotect 200E can be done easily with a brush, roller, or airless spray. It doesn’t require sanding and dries quickly. Interlux 200E comes in a matte finish and the kit comes in quart and gallons sizes, It can help prevent costly repairs on boat hulls. Interlux recommends 4 to 5 coats for optimal protection.
- For prevention and repair of gelcoat blistering
- Excellent for use on underwater metals, hulls and keels
- Easy to apply-dries quickly-no sanding
- Use as part of a no sand system
- Excellent anti-corrosive protection above & below the waterline
- Finish: Matte
- Number of Coats: 1-5
- Mix Ratio: 3:1 by volume
- VOC: 464 grams per liter
- Application Methods: Airless spray, brush, spray, roller
- Pot Life: 5 Hours
Interlux Reducing Solvent - Spray: Thinner for spray application & clean-up
Interlux Reducing Solvent - Brush: Thinner for brush application & clean-up
***WILL SHIP GROUND ONLY TO THE CONTIGUOUS 48 STATES ONLY***
How To Apply Interlux Interprotect 2000E
Interlux Interprotect 2000E was developed to be easy to apply without sagging or running. The quick overcoat times allow the entire system, 10 mils of epoxy and the first coat of antifouling, to be applied in two days.
- Application Methods:: Airless Spray, Brush, Conventional Spray, Roller
- Number of Coats: 4-5 To Reach a 10 mils dry
- Dry Film Thickness per Coat: 2.6 mils (5.4 wet mils)
- Coverage: 240 sq. ft/gal.
- Application Temp: 40°F Min. / 95°F Max.
- Thinner: Reducing Solvent 2316N or Brushing Liquid 2333N
- Mix Ratio: 3:1
|Temp||Dry To Touch||Overcoat Times with Self||Overcoat Times for Antifouling Paint|
|95°F||1/2 hour||2 hours min / 6 months max||1 hour min / 5 hours max|
|73°F||2 hours||3 hours min / 6 months max||3 hours min / 7 hours max|
|50°F||3 hours||5 hours min / 6 months max||5 hours min / 9 hours max|
Use this chart as a guide. For best results, use the "Thumb Print" method to determine when Interprotect is ready to overcoat. It usually takes 4-5 coats to apply the proper amount of Interprotect, but the amount of paint applied is more important than the number of coats. Refer to the PDF below for more information.
To prevent delamination, all mold release wax and other contamination must be removed prior to the application of Interprotect. If the boat has already been painted, remove all antifouling paint with Interstrip 299E (follow directions on label).
New or Non-Blistered Hulls
- Scrub well using Fiberglass Surface Prep YMA601V and a maroon nylon scrub pad.
- Flush well with fresh water and allow surface to dry.
- Wipe a small area with a clean rag that has been wetted with Interlux Fiberglass Solvent Wash 202.
- Before the Solvent Wash can dry, wipe with a clean dry rag. Change rags frequently.
- Repeat wiping with Fiberglass Solvent Wash 202 until surface is clean.
Run water over the surface to determine if it is clean. If the water separates or beads up, you need to repeat the cleaning process. Once the surface is clean, sand the gelcoat thoroughly with 80-grit sandpaper. Remove sanding residue by wiping with a cloth dampened with Fiberglass Solvent Wash 202.
- Clean and sand the surface following the instructions above.
- Mix three parts of 2000E Base with one part 2001E Reactor and allow it to stand mixed for a minimum of 20 minutes for induction time. Mix only what can be used in five hours.
- Apply coats of Interprotect to build a total of 10 mils dry film thickness.
- It usually takes 4-5 coats to apply the proper amount of Interprotect, but the final dry film thickness is more important than the number of coats.
Interlux Interprotect 2000E Epoxy Barrier Coat System has a variety of uses and applications. Click the link below to download a full product guide for Interprotect 2000E. This guide contains detailed explanations and guides for application and surface preparation for Interprotect.
Interlux Interprotect 2000E Application Video
California Residents: WARNING Cancer and Reproductive Harm - P65Warnings.ca.gov
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
- Google Product Type:
- Google Custom Field 2:
Customers Also Viewed
Interlux Brightside - High Gloss Polyurethane Topside Marine Paint Brightside Polyurethane marine paint is a hard-finish, high gloss, one-part application polyurethane topside finish. This paint...Choose Options
Pettit Protect Gray High Build Epoxy Barrier Primer Coat Pettit Protect Epoxy Primer is a heavy-duty, dual component epoxy coating best used where maximum resistance to fresh or salt water is a...Add to Cart
Pettit Easypoxy (EZ-Poxy) High Gloss Topside Marine Paint There are a lot of choices when it comes to topside marine paints, however, Pettit is an industry leader in creating superior marine grade...Choose Options
Interlux Perfection 2-Part Polyurethane High Gloss Marine Paint When it comes to marine paints, Interlux is the leading manufacturer of high-quality paints that help to protect boats from harmful...Choose Options
Interlux Micron CSC Ablative Bottom Paint Interlux is the industry leader in ablative bottom paints and it is trusted by boat owners for their long-lasting quality products. Interlux Micron CSC is a...Choose Options
Interlux Pre-Kote Brightside Boat Primer - White As one of the largest manufacturers of marine paints and primers, Interlux is a name you can trust for high-quality products that provide...Choose Options