Interlux Trilux Boat Prop & Drive Antifouling Spray Paint Formulated specifically for aluminum outboards and outdrives, Interlux’ Trilux Prop and Drive Antifouling Paint is a...Choose Options
Pettit Prop Coat Barnacle Barrier Aerosol
FREQUENTLY BOUGHT TOGETHER
Total Price:Add to Cart
Pettit Prop Coat Barnacle Barrier Aerosol - 20 oz.
Pettit Barnacle Barrier provides easy to use aerosol spray protection for bare metals including steel, stainless steel, cast iron, copper, bronze, galvanized steel, and lead. It forms an excellent bond to underwater metals and running gear, and inhibits corrosion on these surfaces. Barnacle Barrier’s smooth, hard surface will self-clean in service, and can be used above or below the waterline. The dried film of Barnacle Barrier contains the highest percentage of pure Zinc.
- Superior underwater metal protection
- Excellent adhesion to clean metals
- Contains the highest concentration of pure Zinc
- Fast dry formula in an easy to use aerosol spray can
- Formerly known as Zinc Coat Barnacle Barrier
- Finish: Flat
- Number of Coats: 2 or 3
- Color: Gray
- Coverage: 10 ft2/16oz. aerosol
How to Apply Pettit Prop Coat Aerosol
- Application: Aerosol Spray
- Coverage: 10 ft2/16 oz. aerosol
- Number of Coats: 2-3 aerosol
- Application Temp: 50°F - 90°F
- Dry Film Thickness per Coat: 1.5 mils aerosol
It is important not to apply more than three coats, as cracking and loss of adhesion may occur if product is applied too thick.
|Temperature||Time to Recoat||Time to Launch|
|90°F||1/2 hour||16 hours|
|70°F||1 hour||24 hours|
|50°F||2 hours||48 hours|
- All metal surfaces must be free of all old coatings, dirt, rust, oil, grease, wax, soap, and any other foreign matter.
- Clean metals by sandblasting, sanding or wire brushing.
- Ensure a 2 to 4 mil etch profile in the surface is achieved.
- Blow off all sanding residue with clean air or vacuum all residue off the surface.
- Wipe clean with Pettit 120 Brushing Thinner and immediately apply a coat of Prop Coat Barnacle Barrier.
- Shake can vigorously for at least two minutes after mixing balls begin to rattle.
- Shake often during use.
- Hold can upright 12 to 16 inches from the surface and spray in a steady back-and-forth motion, slightly overlapping each stroke.
- Keep the can the same distance from the surface and in motion while spraying.
- Apply in thin coats.
- Allow no more than 5 minutes between two or three thin coats, otherwise allow to dry one hour before applying additional coats.
- When finished spraying, clear spray valve by turning can upside down and spraying until no more paint comes out.
Cleanup all overspray before it dries hard with Pettit Brush Thinner.
California Residents: WARNING Cancer and Reproductive Harm - P65Warnings.ca.gov
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
- Google Product Type:
- Spray Paint
- Product MPN:
- Product UPC:
Customers Also Viewed
Interlux Micron CSC Ablative Bottom Paint Interlux is the industry leader in ablative bottom paints and it is trusted by boat owners for their long-lasting quality products. Interlux Micron CSC is a...Choose Options
Pettit Protect Gray High Build Epoxy Barrier Primer Coat Pettit Protect Epoxy Primer is a heavy-duty, dual component epoxy coating best used where maximum resistance to fresh or salt water is a...Choose Options
Interlux Trilux 33 Antifouling Bottom Paint Interlux Trilux 33 Antifouling Bottom Paint is a tin-free antifouling paint that has been formulated to provide safe, yet-highly effective protection for...Choose Options