Jabsco-Rule 500 GPH Standard 12V Bilge Pump
With over 50 years of excellence Jabsco-Rule provides superb pumping performance. Helps keep your bilge clear of water. Going through rigorous engineering and testing bring flow efficiency in even the toughest conditions.
- Threaded Discharge - provides easy install and maintenance
- Back Flow Prevention - reduces odor and helps keep bilge clean by reducing leftover water in the bilge
- High Flow - provides better flow at consistent amperage through impeller optimization
- Hidden Air Vents in the body - Helps with the check valve and preventing locking during plumbing installations
- Built-in Thermal Cut-Off - bestows extra protection for the pump and vessel
- Flow Rate: 500 Gallons Per Hour (GPH)
- Voltage : 12 VDC
- Fuze Size: 4 Amp
- Amp Draw: 2.7
- Height: 3-7/8"
- Width: 2-7/8"
- Port Type: 3/4" Hose Barb
- Before installing or servicing the pump disconnect the power
- Use stainless steel hose clamps to attach the discharge hose to the hose barb
- Discharge houses for thru-hulls should be at least 8" above the water line
- Check valves should not be used to prevent siphoning into the boat
- A check valve should only be used to prevent the cycling of an automatic bilge pump from backflow of the discharge line
- Remove pump from the base by using the push tabs located on the side of the pump
- After inserting the pump into the base push down until an audible sound is heard.
- *Stainless Steel Flathead screws of an appropriate length is recommended to secure the pump but not penetrate the hull. Ensure water is unable to penetrate the screw holes.
Issues that can reduce the flow of a bilge pump:
- Length of discharge pipe
- Number of bends
- smoothness vs. roughness of pipe/fitting interior