Sterndrive Engineering Mercruiser Alpha One Replacement Upper Unit 1.81 Ratio w/ Short Yoke 1.81 ratio also replaces the 1.84 ratio Comes with an [old style] 8-1/8" input yoke. This drive is...Choose Options
Mercruiser Alpha One Replacement Upper Unit 1.94 w/ Short Yoke
FREQUENTLY BOUGHT TOGETHER
Total Price:Add to Cart
Sterndrive Mercruiser Alpha One Replacement Upper Unit 1.94 Ratio with Short Yoke
Replaces Mercruiser 1972-1982 2.5 and 3.0 Liter inline 4 Upper unit
- 1.94 ratio also replaces the 1.98 ratio
- Comes with a [old style] 8-1/8" input yoke.
- This drive is generally used on older inline 6 and 4 cylinder engines.
- 3 Year manufacturer warranty
- Model: 120/140
- Year Range: 1970-1982
- Serial Range: 2791957-6225576
How to Install Sterndrive Engineering Short Yoke
- First, determine the length of your yoke. Newer styles are 9-9/16" and older styles are 8-1/8". Remove the clips that hold the u-joint together. You can use a screwdriver to push on it to make removing the slips easier. You may need to use the screwdriver on both sides.
- After the clips are out, use a hammer to tap the u-joint in one direction until you can remove the cup on the opposite side. Use a suitable socket so you do not hit the yoke with the hammer. If the seal is stuck to the u-joint, use a small pick or screwdriver to remove it.
- Using a socket of the appropriate size, pound the u-joint in the other direction. The purpose of the socket is so that you don't hit the u-joint post with a hammer. The socket should fit over the post and contact the body of the u-joint before the post.
- With the yoke out of the way, you can start reassembly. Install both u-joint clips and the u-joint and check to make sure they rotate smoothly. If everything looks good, take them off. If you're experiencing rough rotation, your u-joint will most likely need to be replaced.
- Install the yoke over the posts of the u-joint then insert both u-joint clips while centering the yoke.
- Tap the u-joint together. You may be able to tap one side in all the way and put the clip in, or you may need to tap each side in a little bit at a time.
- With both clips in, turn the yoke and see if it turns okay. If it is stiff, try hitting the opposite side.
- You will need to grease the u-joints using a grease gun and grease that is approved for u-joints.
Item is subject to a 20% restocking fee (Boat Covers, Bimini Tops, Outdrives, Drop Ship Items and Special Order Parts)!
**Year, Serial Number, and Horsepower are required to order. Please contact us with this information after you place your order otherwise processing will be delayed.
Sterndrive Engineering Model Chart
Refer to Sterndrive Engineering's model chart below to find your proper Mercruiser Sterndrive Replacement. These are typical applications; it is best to confirm your ratio by couting the teeth in the upper. Although great care was taken in the creation of this guide, its accuracy cannot be guaranteed.
|Model||Year Range||Serial Range||Notes (See Below)||Standard Rotation||Counter Rotation|
|165||1970-1977||2763442 and up||2,4,5,6||1.62||1.62 CR|
|485||1980-1982||4893835 and up||2,4,5,6||1.81||1.81 CR|
|888||1971-1977||3106717 and up||4,5,6||1.47||1.47 CR|
- Unit has an 8 spline driveshaft on the lower unit. If your unit is original, you need to purchase a complete.
- Unit has a short yoke on the upper driveshaft. We refer to this as the “Old Style”
- ***Applies to all inline 4 and inline six cylinder engines up until and including 1982***
|Engine Configuration||Horsepower||Gear Ratio||Tooth Count||Standard Rotation||Counter Rotation|
|Inline 4 Cyl. 2.5L/3.0L||120,140||1.98/1.94||20/24||1.94||1.94 CR|
|Inline 4 Cyl. 3.7L||170||1.84/1.81||17/19||1.81||1.81 CR|
|Inline 6 Cyl.||160/165||1.65/1.62||24/24||1.62||1.62 CR|
|V6 4.3L||185/190||1.84/1.81||17/19||1.81||1.81 CR|
|V8 305 2 Barrel Carb.||200||1.65/1.62||24/24||1.62||1.62 CR|
|V8 305/350||230/260||1.50/1.47||20/22||1.47||1.47 CR|
California Residents: WARNING Cancer and Reproductive Harm - P65Warnings.ca.gov
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
- Google Product Type:
- Engine Parts
- Product MPN:
Customers Also Viewed
Sterndrive Engineering Repl Mercruiser Drive Alpha One GenII Available in Standard Rotation and Counter Rotation (CR added to SKU number). 3 Year Warranty. Mounting gaskets and hardware not...Choose Options
Sterndrive Engineering Mercruiser Alpha One Replacement Upper Unit 1.62 Ratio w/ Short Yoke 1.62 ratio also replaces the 1.65 ratio Comes with a [short] 8-1/8" input yoke. This drive is...Choose Options
Sterndrive Engineering Replacement Drive, Old Style R , MR , Alpha One Replaces most Mercruiser Sterndrives 160/165 HP from 1967-1977 Comes with a 8-1/8 old style input yoke Ships in two...Choose Options
Sterndrive Engineering SE106 Replacement Mercruiser Drive R, MR, Alpha One Complete Replacement Outdrive for Mercruiser R, MR, and Alpha One. 1972 - 1990. Please verify your serial number to be sure...Choose Options
Sterndrive Engineering Replacement Lower Unit Mercruiser Alpha One Gen II Lower unit replacements are an expensive headache for any boat owner. A Sterndrive Engineering Replacement Lower Unit...Choose Options
Sterndrive Engineering Mercruiser Gen II Replacement Upper Unit 1.81 Ratio Replacement Upper Unit for Mercruiser Alpha One Gen II Sterndrives 1991- Current. SE116 1.81 Ratio replaces the 1...Choose Options
Sterndrive Engineering Mercruiser Alpha One Gen II Replacement Upper Unit 1.94 / 2.40 Ratios For Mercruiser Alpha One Gen II Sterndrives 1991 - Present. SE116 1.94 ratio also replaces the 1...Choose Options
Sterndrive Engineering Replacement Lower Unit Mercruiser R, MR, and Alpha One 90-106-02 Replaces R, MR, Alpha One lowers from 1972-1990 13 Spline Driveshaft Tooth count is 13-21 Up to 300...Choose Options