Pettit Easypoxy High Gloss Topside Marine Paint
FREQUENTLY BOUGHT TOGETHER
Total Price:Add to Cart
Pettit Easypoxy (EZ-Poxy) High Gloss Topside Marine Paint
Pettit Easypoxy is an advanced polyurethane paint that provides long-lasting and effective gloss retention. Pettit EZ-Poxy is a popular choice for topside and deck applications as a result of its vibrant shine and silicone-based formula. It also creates a professional, streak-free finish. This topside marine paint generates a brilliant surface shine, similar to gel-coating, with a fraction of the effort. Its advanced ultraviolet filters ensure that the superior gloss finish is both durable and effective. Economical EZ-Poxy is not only available in white but a variety of 25 topside colors. Using the simple roll and top method, Easypoxy allows even novices to achieve superior results.
- Highest Gloss Finish Topside Enamel Paint
- Creates a Tough, Weather Resistant Coating
- Very Easy Application, Excellent, Streak-Free Coverage (Roll and Tip Application Technique Recommended for larger projects)
- Advanced Ultraviolet Filters Resist Finish Breakdown for Superior Gloss Retention
- Shipped Via Ground Within the Continental U.S. Only
- Finish: High-gloss
- Coverage: 600 sq. ft/gal.
- Number of Coats: 2 minimum
- Pack Size: 1 US Quart, 1 US Gallon (White, Off White, Semi Gloss White Only)
Pettit 120 Thinner: Use for brushing, rolling and clean-up.
Pettit 121 Thinner: Use for spraying.
Pettit Satin Additive: Will produce a semi-gloss to semi-flat finish often desired for non-glare deck surfaces and interiors.
Suggested Primer: Pettit EZ-Prime
Pettit EZ-Prime should be used as a base coat whenever the surface to be painted is aged, cracked, checked, pitted or in any way less than smooth. It can be applied to fiberglass, wood and previously painted surfaces. Dries quickly and is easy to sand. (Formerly Sold As: Pettit Easypoxy Undercoater.)
Fiberglass Application System
How to Apply Pettit Easypoxy Topside Paint
Be sure to stir Pettit Easypoxy thoroughly before use. Easypoxy may be applied by brush, roller, conventional or airless spray. Apply one thin, even coat of Easypoxy per day. After an overnight dry, lightly sand with 220 grit sandpaper and apply a second coat.
- Application Method: Brush, roller, or spray
- Number of Coats: 2 Minimum
- Dry Film Thickness per Coat: 1.5 mils (3 wet mils)
- Coverage: 600 sq. ft/gal.
- Application Temp: 50°F Min. / 90°F Max.
- Thinner: 120 Brushing, 121 Spraying
It's recommended to not thin Easypoxy when applying with a brush or roller, however, in hot weather 5-10% of Pettit 120 Brushing Thinner can be added to maintain a wet edge. For best results on large, smooth surfaces, roll out using a short nap roller followed immediately by leveling off with the tip of a brush. For conventional spray applications, thin 15-20% with Pettit 121 Spraying Thinner. For airless spray application, thin up to 5% with Pettit 121 Spraying Thinner. Utilize a 0.11-0.15" diameter tip for application.
|Temp||To Recoat||To Launch|
|90°F||2 HR||8 HR|
|70°F||3 HR||16 HR|
|50°F||6 HR||24 HR|
Non-Fiberglass Surface Preparation
- Sand surface smooth with 80-120 grit sandpaper, then solvent clean with Pettit 120 Thinner to remove residue.
- Fill all screw heads or small holes with 7050 EZ-Fair Epoxy Fairing Compound; sand flush and solvent clean with Pettit 120 Thinner.
- Apply a coat of 2018 EZ WoodSealer to penetrate and seal the porous grain. Follow with one or two coats of 6149 EZ Prime until an evenly smooth base condition is reached; sand each coat with 80-120 grit sandpaper and solvent clean with Pettit 120 Thinner.
- Proceed with the first finish coat of Easypoxy.
- Bare wood that has been epoxied must be thoroughly scrubbed with an ammonia/water solution then sanded with 120 grit sandpaper and solvent cleaned with Pettit 120 Thinner.
- Follow with a coat of 6149 EZ Prime to smooth the surface and provide a uniform base.
- Sand well and solvent clean with Pettit 120 Thinner, then proceed with the first coat of Easypoxy.
- Surface must be cleaned to a bright finish by sandblasting or grinding; remove blast residue.
- Immediately apply one coat of 6980 Rustlok Primer; allow to dry until tacky. If surface is rough, apply a coat of 6627 Tie-Coat Primer; sand well and solvent clean with Pettit 120 Thinner.
- Repeat application as needed until a smooth, uniform base is reached. Proceed with the first coat of Easypoxy.
- Wipe the surface free of oil and grease with Pettit 120 Thinner.
- Remove oxidation and etch the surface with medium grit emery cloth; remove sanding residue.
- Apply one thin “wet” coat of 6455/044 Metal Primer; allow to dry at least two hours. Proceed with the first coat of Easypoxy.
- 6149 EZ Prime can be used over the 6455/044 Metal Primer for smoothing surfaces if desired.
- Applying two or more coats in one day or applying excessively heavy films (greater than 4 wet mils) will lead to insufficient through drying of the paint and will yield soft paint films.
- Do not apply Easypoxy on extremely humid days (90°+ RH) or when rain is threatening.
- Do not apply in the late afternoon when working outdoors as the wet film may be adversely affected by dew.
- When working in cooler temperatures be sure the air and surface temperatures will remain at or above 50°F for at least 8 hours after application.
California Residents: WARNING Cancer and Reproductive Harm - P65Warnings.ca.gov
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
- Google Product Type:
- Google Custom Field 2:
- related products
Customers Also Viewed
Interlux Brightside - High Gloss Polyurethane Topside Marine Paint Brightside Polyurethane marine paint is a hard-finish, high gloss, one-part application polyurethane topside finish. This paint...Choose Options
Interlux Perfection 2-Part Polyurethane High Gloss Marine Paint Interlux Perfection marine paint offers great protection with a high-gloss two-part polyurethane finish. Combining a long-lasting...Choose Options
Interlux Pre-Kote Brightside Boat Primer - White Interlux is one of the largest manufacturers of high quality high performance marine paint and primers. For over a century they have been leading the...Choose Options
Pettit Protect Gray High Build Epoxy Barrier Primer Coat Pettit Protect Epoxy Primer is a heavy-duty, dual component epoxy coating best used where maximum resistance to fresh or salt water is a...Choose Options