Season after season, saltwater, sun, sand, mud, food stains and cooking grease can take their toll on boat carpeting. Or perhaps you’ve invested in new deck furniture and want a new color scheme to match. Marine carpets are easy to switch out and can help to maintain the value of your craft. Flexible rubber backing can easily be cut to fit every corner of your vessel. Wholesale Marine carries an extensive selection of durable Lancer carpets that feature long-lasting color and resistance to stains.
Make your selection from economical 16-ounce Lancer Seaside or Shaw Carpets’ Eufaula line, durable 20-ounce Lancer Marine broadloom, or top-of-the line 24-ounce Lancer Newport carpeting. Available in popular as well as neutral colors and even elegant pin-dot patterning, these carpets will ensure that your boat will retain its value and great appearance on the water or dockside. Wholesale also carries everything you or your marine technician will need to make sure that your carpet installation goes smoothly. We sell Lancer Carpet Adhesive, which is water resistant, in convenient gallon buckets. Now all you need are instructions.
How to Install Marine Carpet
1) Measure the area. Contact Wholesale Marine so we can assist you to obtain the supplies and right amount of carpet you’ll need. With same day, flat rate shipping, you’ll be able to start your project in a few days.
2) Remove the old carpet and discard responsibly. Scrape off any adhesive residue using mineral spirits to finish.
3) Carefully lay the carpet. Ensure it fits before applying adhesive. Pull back part of the carpet and trowel carpet adhesive directly on decking. Be sure to apply it evenly.
4) Press down the part with adhesive and smooth the carpet in place. Press evenly.
5) Pull up the remaining carpet and apply adhesive as shown in steps 3 and 4.
6) Use a floor roller over the finished carpet to ensure a strong hold.
7) Trim any excess with a utility knife.
Wholesale Marine has everything boaters need for smooth sailing at competitive prices. If you have any questions, or to place an order, please call us Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM until 6:00 PM at (877) 388-2628. Be sure to ask about our Captain’s Loyalty Program for additional discounts!