Pettit Vivid Ablative Antifouling Boat Paint It used to be that boaters had to sacrifice their color choices for an effective antifouling paint treatment. With Pettit Vivid antifouling bottom paint,...Choose Options
Pettit Old Salem Bronze Hard Racing Paint
FREQUENTLY BOUGHT TOGETHER
Total Price:Add to Cart
Pettit Old Salem Copper Bronze Hard Racing Non-Antifouling Marine Paint
Pettit Old Salem is recommended for use in fresh water on racing hulls, sailboats, runabouts or cruisers. It is a non-antifouling hard racing finish that can be buffed to give a high-gloss, ultra-smooth surface. It can be used in saltwater for small, dry sailed boats which are not left in the water. Hard Racing Copper Bronze may be applied over most aged hard racing non-antifouling coatings. If the old paint type is unknown, sand a small area and apply a test patch of Hard Racing Copper Bronze to test its compatibility with the old paint.
- Excellent for trailered boats
- Suitable for use on fiberglass, wood and steel hulls
- Can be buffed to give high gloss, ultra smooth surface
- For dry sailed boats or boats stored in fresh water
- Finish: Glossy
- Color: Bronze
- Coverage: 800 sq. ft/gal.
- Number of Coats: 2
DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT ON ALUMINUM HULLS OR OUTDRIVES.
***WILL SHIP GROUND ONLY TO THE CONTIGUOUS 48 STATES ONLY***
How to Apply
HOW TO APPLY PETTIT OLD SALEM COPPER BRONZE HARD RACING NON-ANTIFOULING MARINE PAINT
Application Method: Brush, Roller, Airless or Conventional Spray
Number of Coats: 2
Application Temp: 50°F Minimum | 90°F Maximum
Thinners: 120 Brushing Thinner | 121 Spraying Thinner
Coverage: 800 sq. ft. /gal.
|Temp.||To Recoat||To Launch|
|90°F||8 Hours||2 Days|
|70°F||16 Hours||4 Days|
|50°F||36 Hours||8 Days|
- Old Salem Copper Bronze Hard Racing Paint is loaded with copper flake pigment. There is a tendency for settling to occur, especially if the paint has been on the shelf for several months.
- It is necessary to thoroughly mix and paint before using.
- Before using, check the sides and bottom of the can to make sure all the pigment has been mixed in.
- Do not thin Copper Bronze Hard Racing more than 5% (6.4 ounces per gallon).
SURFACE PREPARATION AND APPLICATION:
- Sand surface completely smooth with 80 grit production paper. Wipe surface clean using a rag dampened with Pettit 120 Brushing Thinner.
- Apply a coat of Pettit 6627 Tie Coat Primer thinned 25% with the 120 Brushing Thinner to penetrate and seal the wood.
- Fill any open seams with Pettit Seam Compound (7110 White or 7610 Mahogany) and allow to dry overnight.
- Apply 2 coats of Old Salem Copper Bronze Hard Racing Paint, taking note of the dry times listed above.
- All bare fiberglass, regardless of age, must be thoroughly cleaned using 95 Fiberglass Dewaxer and clean lint-free rags. Several cleanings may be necessary to ensure complete removal of contaminants.
- New boats must be scrubbed with a detergent and water solution and rinsed with fresh water prior to dewaxing.
- After the surface has been dewaxed, sand it thoroughly with 80 grit production paper and rewash the sanded surfaces with 95 Dewaxer or 120 Brushing Thinner to remove sanding residue.
- Apply one coat of Pettit Protect 4700/4701 High Build Epoxy Primer. When thoroughly dry, sand with 80 grit paper and wipe clean again.
- Apply 2 coats of Old Salem Copper Bronze Hard Racing Paint.
Note: If sanding is prohibited, or is otherwise impractical, make sure the surface has been completely dewaxed and cleaned with Pettit 95 Fiberglass Dewaxer. Then, apply one, thin, continuous coat of Pettit 6999 Sandless Primer. Top coat with two coats of Old Salem Copper Bronze Hard Racing Paint, following the topcoating instructions on the Sandless Primer label.
Underwater Metal Parts and Keels:
- Wash the surface with Pettit 120 Brushing Thinner to remove any oil film or grease.
- The metal should be abraded with emery cloth to a bright texture.
- Remove all sanding residue by vacuuming or with clean, compressed air.
- Apply one, thin wet coat of Pettit 6455 Metal Primer. Allow to dry at least two hours.
- Apply 2 coats of Pettit 6627 Tie Coat Primer followed by 2 coats of Old Salem Copper Bronze Hard Racing Paint.
Information sourced from the Pettit Old Salem 1059 Hard Racing Copper Bronze Non-Antifouling technical bulletin.
California Residents: WARNING Cancer and Reproductive Harm - P65Warnings.ca.gov
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
- Google Product Type:
- Paint Type:
- Hard Antifouling
- Number of Seasons:
- Single Season
- Antifouling Type:
- Copper Based
- Hull Material:
- Fiberglass, Steel, Wood
- Water Type:
- Brackish Water, Fresh Water, Salt Water
- Product MPN:
- Product UPC:
- related products
Customers Also Viewed
Pettit Protect Gray High Build Epoxy Barrier Primer Coat Pettit Protect Epoxy Primer is a heavy-duty, dual component epoxy coating best used where maximum resistance to fresh or salt water is a...Choose Options
Pettit Easypoxy (EZ-Poxy) High Gloss Topside Marine Paint Pettit Easypoxy is an advanced polyurethane paint that provides long-lasting and effective gloss retention. Pettit EZ-Poxy is a popular...Choose Options