Interlux Sikkens Cetol Marine Wood Finish Rebate Available - From 2/1 - 6/1, buy up to 2 quarts and get $5 cash back per quart. Download Rebate Form by [Clicking Here] Interlux Sikkens Cetol Marine...Choose Options
Interlux Sikkens Cetol Marine Natural Teak Finish
FREQUENTLY BOUGHT TOGETHER
Total Price:Add to Cart
Interlux Sikkens Cetol Marine Natural Teak Finish
Rebate Available - From 2/1 - 6/1, buy up to 2 quarts and get $5 cash back per quart. Download Rebate Form by [Clicking Here]
Over time, salt water, wind, and scorching sun rays can have their way with teak furniture and decking. You now have a way to fight back the ravaging effects of harsh weather. Protect your investment with Sikkens Cetol Marine Natural Teak Finish. Cetol Marine’s Natural Teak formula actually enhances the natural wood grain, while its UV- absorbing technology provides added protection with a durable, translucent, and protective wood finish. Sikkens Cetol marine natural teak is formulated for use above the waterline on all interior and exterior woods. Sikkens Cetol Marine’s proprietary Next Wave technology features a unique UV-absorbing package, made from specialty resins and advanced UV absorbers. By combining these special alkyd resin compounds and high quality synthetic UV-absorbing pigments to create a “sunscreen” for enhanced color retention and wood protection.
What is Next Wave technology?
Next Wave technology is a UV-absorbing formula that acts as a sunscreen, protecting your wood by deflecting the damaging effects of the sun's UV rays. Next Wave will extend the longevity of the finish and enhance color retention. This unique UV-absorbing finish protects the natural finish of wood and extends the clarity of the finish.
Sikkens Cetol Marine Natural Teak Finish can be used on exterior and interior hardwood varieties such as teak, mahogany, and oak. Cetol products should only be applied above the waterline.
- Finish: Satin
- Number of Coats: 2-3
- Coverage: Approx. 360 ft²/gal
How To Apply Sikkens Cetol Marine Natural Teak Finish
|Follow preparation procedures||One coat Cetol Natural Teak||Allow 24 hours for drying||One coat Cetol Natural Teak||Allow 24 hours for drying||One coat Cetol Natural Teak|
- Application: Use a long haired natural bristle brush. Apply in direction of grain.
- Number of Coats: 3
- New Exterior/Interior Wood:
- Wipe the wood with Interlux Special Thinner 216 to remove any natural surface oils and contaminants. Once dry, sand surface with 180-220 grit sandpaper, always sand along the length of the grain. Remove all sanding dust by vacuuming the surface.
- Wipe the surface with Interlux Special Thinner 216 and allow to dry before applying Cetol products.
- Note: If the wood is exposed for more than 24 hours, clean the surface again with Interlux Special Thinner 216 in order to remove any surface contaminants.
- Exterior/Interior – Previously Coated Wood (Non-Cetol Marine Products):
- Remove all existing coatings before applying Cetol. To remove old coating, either sand with 120-180 grit sandpaper or use Interlux Inter strip 299E chemical stripper specifically designed for marine use.
- Once previous coating is removed, follow instructions for New Exterior/Interior Wood.
- Exterior – Weathered Wood or Previously Oiled Wood:
- To ensure proper adhesion of Cetol products on weathered or previously oiled wood, use Interlux Premium Teak Restorer with a nylon scuffing pad as per instructions on label.
- Be sure to rinse the wood well with clean water to remove surface dirt and allow to dry thoroughly. This should be followed by the preparation procedures for New Exterior/Interior Wood.
- Blue Fungi and Mildew:
- Persistent blue fungi or mildew may be treated by using Teak Restorer with a nylon scuffing pad as per instructions on label.
- Be sure to rinse the wood well with clean water to remove surface dirt and allow to dry thoroughly for three full days before applying Cetol Marine products.
- Follow preparation procedures
- Apply one coat of Interlux Sikkens Cetol Marine Natural Teak Finish
- Wait 24 hours
- Apply second coat of Interlux Sikkens Cetol Marine Natural Teak Finish
- Wait 24 hours
- Apply third coat of Interlux Sikkens Cetol Marine Natural Teak Finish
Always allow 24 hours drying time between coats. All coats should be applied within a 1-2 week period.
It is not recommended to sand in between coats of Cetol on exterior wood. This will lower the overall layer thickness, which is very important for effective product performance. To achieve a non-skid surface, evenly sprinkle Interlux Intergrip 2398c Polymeric No-Skid Compound onto the wet surface immediately after applying the second coat of Cetol. If needed, do the same after the third coat as well. The addition of Intergrip 2398c will reduce the life of the Cetol Marine Natural Teak.
If a high gloss finish is desired, Cetol Marine Gloss can be applied after the initial application of three coats of Cetol Marine. Cetol Marine Gloss should never be applied on a deck as the surface will become dangerously slippery when wet.
- Before application of a maintenance coat of Cetol, clean the entire surface with Interlux All-Purpose Boat Soap to remove any surface contaminants as per instructions on label. If mildew is present, use Interlux Premium Teak Restorer with a nylon scuffing pad, as per instructions on label.
- Be sure to rinse the wood well with clean water to remove surface dirt and allow to dry thoroughly. Cetol Marine Gloss should be sanded to a dull finish using 220-320 grit sandpaper. Remove all dust before applying the maintenance coat of Cetol Marine.
- Apply a coat of Cetol as visually required. Before application of the maintenance coat, wash the surface with Interlux All-Purpose Boat Soap, as per instructions on label, then sand the surface lightly with 220-320 grit sandpaper.
- Be sure to remove all sanding dust with a vacuum. Once clean, apply the maintenance coat.
Information sourced from Interlux Sikkens Cetol Marine Application Guide.
California Residents: WARNING Cancer and Reproductive Harm - P65Warnings.ca.gov
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
- Google Product Type:
- Google Custom Field 2:
- related products
Customers Also Viewed
Interlux Sikkens Cetol Marine Light Wood Finish Rebate Available - From 2/1 - 6/1, buy up to 2 quarts and get $5 cash back per quart. Download Rebate Form by [Clicking Here] Interlux Sikkens Cetol...Add to Cart
Interlux Brightside - High Gloss Polyurethane Topside Marine Paint Brightside Polyurethane marine paint is a hard-finish, high gloss, one-part application polyurethane topside finish. This paint...Choose Options
Pettit Easypoxy (EZ-Poxy) High Gloss Topside Marine Paint Pettit Easypoxy is an advanced polyurethane paint that provides long-lasting and effective gloss retention. Pettit EZ-Poxy is a popular...Choose Options
Starbrite Classic Teak Tropical Teak Sealer Starbrite Classic Teak Sealer is a long-lasting formula, even in tropical sun and salt. This unique tropical teak oil formula makes teak maintenance-free...Add to Cart