Wholesale Marine’s line of marine varnish keeps your boat protected and looking like new season after season. The Pettit Paint, Interlux Paint, and Sikkens Cetol brands of marine varnish brightens and protects your boat’s wood finishes. Marine varnishes are formulated with UV protectants, are durable, and are extremely water-resistant. Use varnish not only on your boat’s exterior but on all wood including your home’s interior millwork. For high-fouling areas, use the Interlux Schooner Varnish. For effective gloss retention, Pettit Captain’s Varnish is an excellent option.
Protect Your Investment with Marine Varnish
Staining your wood helps to reduce the number of varnish coats required to give wood surfaces an enhanced natural beauty. A popular option is Pettit Specialty Marine Paste. To provide additional protection and to preserve teak and hardwood railings and decking, consider using Interlux Sikkens Cetol Marine Wood Finish.
The best marine varnish cannot provide optimal protection if the wood surface is not properly prepared. Here are some tips to ensure long-lasting professional results:
- Remove any old varnish with varnish stripper or a heat gun.
- Patch gouges with wood putty and sand with the grain for a smooth surface.
- Tack rag surfaces prior to varnishing or staining.
- Using a badger hair brush, dip only half-way up the bristles and brush with the grain.
- Keep a wet edge.
- Figure on one or two for stains as a base coat and 6-8 coats minimal for varnish. Allow the base coat to dry for 24 hours before the next application. Be sure to allow the top coat to cure for 48 hours to allow it to dry completely.
Wholesale Marine’s team of boating enthusiasts will be happy to provide guidance on buying the right marine varnish for your vessel. In addition to solid advice, we also offer a low price guarantee, same-day flat rate shipping, and quick and easy returns. Don’t forget to find out about our Captain’s Club Rewards program! We’re here to help you Monday through Friday, from 9:00 AM until 6:00 PM, EST at (877) 388-2628.