Sea Hawk Captain Jack's Fast Flash Varnish
FREQUENTLY BOUGHT TOGETHER
Total Price:Add to Cart
Sea Hawk Captain Jack's Fast Flash Varnish Quart
Sea Hawk Captain Jack's Varnish is designed for high quality work with outstanding durability and results with a fast drying time. The combination of high quality pure phenolic modified tung oil enhances the richness and beauty of the wood while providing excellent weathering performance. Captain Jack's Varnish delivers high gloss finish with a traditional warm amber color. This varnish is easy to apply by brush or by spray and dries quickly.
- Extra UV protection
- Durable finish with good water resistance
- Easy to apply with excellent brushability
- Superior self leveling properties
- Premium high gloss marine varnish with traditional warm amber color
- Faster drying formula compared to original Captain Jack's Varnish
- Sold in quarts
- Color: Traditional warm amber
- Pack Size: US Quart
- Thinner: Mineral Spirit if needed
- Cleaner: Mineral Spirit
- Coverage: 481 Sq Ft/Gal
- VOC: 420 grams/liter
- Number of coats: Bare Wood : 4 minimum, Over Existing Varnish: 2 minimum
- Application Temp: Minimum: 40° F, Maximum: 90° F
How to Apply Sea Hawk Captain Jack's Fast Flash Varnish
Captain Jack's Fast Flash Varnish can be applied by brush or spray and has excellent brushability. Prior to application, stir the varnish gently, being careful to not introduce air bubbles into the varnish. Do not shake. It is important to follow surface preparation instructions to insure proper performance. Take care to apply coating evenly and at proper mil thickness, even if it means applying an extra coat. Avoid applying Captain Jack's Varnish in direct sunlight or excessive wind, as this can cause a rapid loss of solvents.
- Application Methods: Brush or spray
- Number of Coats: Bare wood: 4 minimum, Over existing varnish: 2 minimum
- Wet Film Thickness: 3.3 mils
- Dry Film Thickness: 1.5 mils
- Application Temp: 40°F Min / 90°F Max
- Thinner: Mineral Spirit if needed
|Substrate Temp.||Touch Try||Tack Free||Dry Hard|
|77°F||2-4 hours||5-7 hours||12-20 hours|
|95°F||1-3 hours||3-5 hours||8-12 hours|
*The above dry times are for 3.3 mils wet at 50% humidity
Wood must be clean, dry, and properly prepared prior to varnishing. Inadequate surface preparation will virtually assure inadequate varnish performance.
- Bare Wood
- Sand surface completely smooth with 150-220 grit paper and wipe surface to remove residue.
- For oily wood, removing the oil on the surface will allow varnish to have better adhesion.
- Apply at least four coats minimum of Captain Jack's Varnish.
- Let each coat dry overnight, and sand with 180-220 grit sandpaper before each coat.
- Sand with 320 grit sandpaper before the last coat. Be sure to clean off sanding residue with a tack rag before applying each coat.
- Previously Varnished Wood in Good Condition:
- Wipe old varnish with mineral spirit to be sure all dirt, wax, polish, and grease has been removed.
- Sand surface with 180-220 grit paper and remove all dust with a tack rag.
- Apply 2 coats minimum of new varnish.
- Previously Varnished Wood in Poor Condition:
- If varnish is badly checked or peeling, remove finish to bare wood by sanding with 80 grit sandpaper.
- Proceed with the system for bare wood application.
California Residents: WARNING Cancer and Reproductive Harm - P65Warnings.ca.gov
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
- Google Product Type:
Customers Also Viewed
Interlux Sikkens Cetol Marine Wood Finish Interlux Sikkens Cetol Marine Wood Finish produces an attractive dark amber appearance on wood. Sikkens Cetol Marine is a durable, translucent protective...Choose Options