Pettit Easypoxy (EZ-Poxy) High Gloss Topside Marine Paint Pettit Easypoxy is an advanced polyurethane paint that provides long-lasting and effective gloss retention. Pettit EZ-Poxy is a popular...Choose Options
Aquagard Aqua-Gloss Water-Based Marine Enamel - Quart
FREQUENTLY BOUGHT TOGETHER
Total Price:Add to Cart
Aquagard Aqua-Gloss Waterbased Marine Enamel - Quart
The first environmentally responsible waterbased marine enamel available, Aquagard Aqua-Gloss is a water-based acrylic paint for use on wood, fiberglass and aluminum surfaces. Nontoxic fumes, soap and water cleanup. This paint can be applied with either a brush or roller. Maintaining your boat's painted surfaces and periodically repainting the boat is important for more than just your boat's appearance. Marine paints and finishes help protect your boat's hull, deck, and other surfaces from the harsh effects of the sun, the corrosive effects of salt water, and algae and barnacle growth.
- Enviromentally-friendly product
- Hard Hi-gloss finish
- Colorfast & UV resistant
- Abrasion & staining resistant
- Waterbased paint rolls on easy
- Soap & water clean-up
- High gloss finish
- Non-toxic fumes
Colors Available: 80001 Black | 80002 Bright Red | 80006 Royal Blue | 80017 Sea Green | 80018 Medium Gray | 80021 White
How to Apply Aquagard Aqua-Gloss Water-Based Marine Enamel
- Application: Brush or Roller
- Coverage: 100 sq. ft/qt.
- Number of Coats: 1-2 (Additional coat at waterline)
- Application Temp: 50°F Minimum
- VOC: 85-87 grams per liter
- Thinner: Water
- Painted Bottom
- If the paint on the bottom of your boat is flaking, you should get a scraper and remove all loose flakes.
- If the paint on the bottom of your boat is in poor condition, consider using a paint stripper and removing the old layer completely.
- Remember: The adhesion of the new paint is only as good as the paint it is being applied over. Watch for signs of adhesion failure.
- If your bottom paint is in good condition, you really only need to sand it a little with 80-grit sandpaper (you can use a finish sander or a random orbital sander).
- Clean it up, tape it off and roll on another coat.
- Bare Fiberglass
- Clean the hull surface thoroughly with de-waxing solvent and plenty of clean rags.
- Sand the de-waxed hull lightly with 80-grit paper.
- Wipe down the area again to remove all sanding residue.
- Apply Primer. Follow the manufacturer’s recommendations for primer application.
- Mixing the Paint
- If you have a pain shaker, run it for at least 5 minutes to get the pigment evenly distributed.
- Each time you add to your roller tray you will want to stir again to ensure consistency.
- Applying the Paint
- Roll the paint onto the hull using a short-nap roller cover (usually 3/8 nap).
- Note: Don’t add any thinner to the bottom paint unless the manufacturer specifies otherwise. Be sure to stir the paint before refilling the paint tray.
- Check the specifications of the paint you are using. A second coat is usually recommended and will increase the life of almost any paint.
- No sanding or other prep is needed between coats.
Information sourced from the Flexdel Corporation Aquagard Aqua-Gloss Technical Data Sheet.
California Residents: WARNING Cancer and Reproductive Harm - P65Warnings.ca.gov
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
- Google Product Type:
- High Gloss
Customers Also Viewed
Interlux Brightside - High Gloss Polyurethane Topside Marine Paint Brightside Polyurethane marine paint is a hard-finish, high gloss, one-part application polyurethane topside finish. This paint...Choose Options
Toon-Brite Protective Clear Coat for Boats This Toon-Brite Protective Clear Coat for Boats rejuvenates fading or oxidizing metal surfaces and provides a long-lasting barrier against the elements. It...Choose Options
Pettit EZ Prime High Build Topside Undercoater Pettit EZ Prime is a high-build formula that dries quickly and is easy to sand. This undercoater should be used as a base coat whenever the surface...Choose Options
Interlux Pre-Kote Brightside Boat Primer - White Interlux is one of the largest manufacturers of high quality high performance marine paint and primers. For over a century they have been leading the...Choose Options